Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to post the outcome of trying to fit ZX10R mirrors to my Ninja 300...

They bolt up, they just don't really work in practically without some kind of bracket that can angle them up higher.

The mounts on the ZX10R are a bit more shallower in angle, which brings up the height of the mirrors in comparison to the Ninja 300 mounts.

I've got mirror spacers, otherwise you simply end up seeing your gloves...

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I had a problem finding mirrors for my 300 too. The stock mirrors were OK but I wanted something cooler. I got some mirrors from Japan in carbon fiber and they were the form that I was looking for. As far as function was concerned they were just a little better than the stockers. I can see a little better to the rear of my bike but not much.
It doesn't matter to me. I love the look of the mirrors on my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't so much have a problem finding replacements as I still quite like the stock mirrors, but I just wanted to try something with the ZX10R mirrors and eventually hook up the mirror mounted indicators.

What I think these need is a spacer block that can re-angle the mounts so the mirror is brought up higher, as it is, you pretty much have to have a distance spacer to bring them out otherwise you can only see your gloves if you also want to see traffic behind you.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It looks like they angle downwards... what if you switch the sides the mirrors are on (left on right side / right on left side)? Would that angle them up enough?

EDIT: I realized after I looked at it more, that this isn't possible.

It looks like 20 degrees up might be good. It's hard to tell with perspective, I was trying to estimate when the top edge is horizontal.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
It looks like they angle downwards... what if you switch the sides the mirrors are on (left on right side / right on left side)? Would that angle them up enough?

EDIT: I realized after I looked at it more, that this isn't possible.

It looks like 20 degrees up might be good. It's hard to tell with perspective, I was trying to estimate when the top edge is horizontal.
That photo looks better. Yes you're right. The top edge should be a little horizontal.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the base that the ZX10R mirrors mount on are flatter in comparison, I'll have to see if I can get an angle measurement of the difference, or at least calculate how much difference I need to get a better position. :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd like to try this one with Ninja 300 too, ZX10R Side Mirror is much cooler. Any update with the spacer, custom fabricated or 1" side mirror spacer from ebay would fix the angle issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
thinking about ordering me some of the zx-10r mirrors on ebay, i think ill get the risers as well. any one recently have good experience with them on there 300?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thinking about ordering me some of the zx-10r mirrors on ebay, i think ill get the risers as well. any one recently have good experience with them on there 300?
I'd suggest that you're going to need custom brackets/spacers made up to correct the angle of the mirrors, they're far too low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts