Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen the Chinese ZX6R Headlights for sale on eBay, I bought both a copy and a genuine (used) headlight.

First is the genuine, second is the Chinese copy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Things found only on the genuine headlight.

Rinder produce the headlights for Kawasaki, there's also a "Motorcycle DOT" etching on the front lense.

·
Registered
208 Posts
aside from the pictures, are you able to describe the differences?
i would like to know if they are a viable alternative or dont waste the money on it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've not tested them with bulbs in it yet, assembly on the weekend. I'd say its a very viable option looking at the two units side by side.

The genuine definitely feels more solid and I did notice a little bit of movement with the Chinese projector lenses assembly. The silver reflective material looks a bit lower quality in the Chinese one and its not cut as evenly. The Chinese one looks like it's been assembled with silicon so it might be easy to pull apart. Chinese one has a gloss finish to the black areas.

I will be selling the Chinese one on once I've finished playing with it, I was able to find a decently priced genuine cluster with minimal scratching, so I'm preferring that.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I had the 636 headlights. To be honest the oem looks and feels like the same quality you would get out of China and they fog up in the corners after being on for awhile. If you can get a knock off for cheaper I'd definitely jump on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I reckon the Chinese ones would be good for HID upgrade, but the genuine 636 one for a filament halogen bulb.

Standard

Genuine ZX6R

Chinese

And Finished...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Id buy em off ya for the right price

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've not tested the Chinese one out riding, and I probably won't be bothered to remove the genuine one and trial the other headlight cluster. I'm impressed that it does have the nice sharp cut off, and for the price you can't really fault it, I'm just not sure how the throw of light (distance) would be like, I've a feeling it might wash out too early and would really benefit from HID style bulbs. One thing I notice now is the light cluster inherently has a lot of movement to it, so the sharp cut off line bounces around a fair bit whilst riding which you wouldn't notice with the standard cluster.

What I might be able to do is hook up some wires and a battery to the Chinese cluster and see what it's like by just shining it down the road at night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've not tested the Chinese one out riding, and I probably won't be bothered to remove the genuine one and trial the other headlight cluster. I'm impressed that it does have the nice sharp cut off, and for the price you can't really fault it, I'm just not sure how the throw of light (distance) would be like, I've a feeling it might wash out too early and would really benefit from HID style bulbs. One thing I notice now is the light cluster inherently has a lot of movement to it, so the sharp cut off line bounces around a fair bit whilst riding which you wouldn't notice with the standard cluster.

What I might be able to do is hook up some wires and a battery to the Chinese cluster and see what it's like by just shining it down the road at night.
You've done this test? xD

I'm looking for chinese 636 headlights!!! *-*

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm.... I'm torn. I can't decide if I want to spend the $$$ and go the BK Moto route, or get the Chinese 636 lamps. I leaning toward BK because then both sides will light up. Thanks for the comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Hmmm.... I'm torn. I can't decide if I want to spend the $$$ and go the BK Moto route, or get the Chinese 636 lamps. I leaning toward BK because then both sides will light up. Thanks for the comparison.
Exactly! That's the main reason that I did mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You've done this test? xD
I never got around to it sorry, busy busy :(

I'd be inclined to to the BKMoto Kit, I've not got a set of HID bulbs to put in the Chinese headlight cluster so it's a bit of an unknown, but I'd say HID would fill out the beam pattern quite well with a bright as fuck bulb unlike the spread on the halogens.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi! May I know what type of bulb you used in the Chinese headlight. I just bought one from ebay, but the bulb seat doesn't look like H7. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts