Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can anyone help me with how to remove the nose fairing and so change bulbs? I feel stupid, but I just can't see how to do it... I have the service manual for the Ninja 300, but this part of the bike is completely different.
I would love a copy of a service manual for the Z300 if anyone has one, or just some help with this front fairing removal. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So... to answer my own question.... I figured it out, so just in case someone else has this issue:

1. See Step 1 photo: Remove the mini screen from the front of the bike.

2. See Step 2 photo: Remove the single bolt, then push the bracket down from its socket and remove it

3. See Step 3 photo: Disconnect the 4 electrical connections, then undo the two bolts. The whole lighting unit can then be tilted forward (push electrical connectors out of the way to allow this), and once tilted forward can just be lifted out (it sits on two plastic pegs at its base, but just lifts out). Finally, pull the two headlight connectors away and you are free (note that this is the two smaller rubber boots sat on the rear of the larger boots; you can leave the large boots in place until you have it on the bench).

You're welcome :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No side fairings to take off on the Z300 - that's why I prefer naked bikes, the fairings drive me mad...
The nose is indeed mounted to the forks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts