Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have a nolan... and it has a quick buckle thing liekyou find on roller skates. and I cant put it in a helmet lock =/ so I either carry it or put it in the trunk I installed
I put on a sw motech rack and givi topcase

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have a fender eliminator kit so putting my helmet under the seat won't work (bends my indicators) so I just carry it with me. Besides, whose gonna mess with a girl with a helmet and riding gear?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have a fender eliminator kit so putting my helmet under the seat won't work (bends my indicators) so I just carry it with me. Besides, whose gonna mess with a girl with a helmet and riding gear?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I have the targa and it works better now than before. Try moving the helmet back a bit and have the blinker in the head hole..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I'm a medium long-oval head and I wear an HJC CL-16 (small). Yes, the CL-16 runs big. I would never leave my helmet for too long on the bike, though I occasionally put the helmet on the mirror (I used to use the passenger peg but that's not a reliable spot for a helmet). I wouldn't leave a helmet unattended generally. Sometimes, places like The Rock Store are safe for leaving your gear (due to people watching the stuff) but generally, the helmet goes where I go. Most riders I know do the same thing.

Reactions: GreenSmitten

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have the targa and it works better now than before. Try moving the helmet back a bit and have the blinker in the head hole..
Thats what I do but only when I can keep the bike in my line of sight. Otherwise I carry it due to my custom paint job.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've heard of people doing all kinds of things to unattended helmets, none of them good. Some doozies are:

1. Cutting your straps and stealing your helmet
2. Pouring milkshakes and other drinks into your helmet
3. Placing dog feces in the helmet
4. Bits of trash placed in the helmet

The risks (and lost peace-of-mind) are not worth the convenience of leaving a helmet on the bike.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
we had a thread about this in the last week or two. a fellow forum member left thier helmet attached to bike and the bike was damaged after some one tried to steal it, cant remember if they stole it or not

general rule of thumb, carry your helmet with you and forget what everyone else thinks/says about you when they see you & you will be just fine

·
Registered
22 Posts
I always carry mine around. I don't trust people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I hear sounds like the best idea is, lug it with me and for long trips. Take a backpack when I'm gonna be busy away from the bike for a while. Hell I want that shark evo line illuminated one. So yeah, don't want anyone messing with that.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
From what I hear sounds like the best idea is, lug it with me and for long trips. Take a backpack when I'm gonna be busy away from the bike for a while. Hell I want that shark evo line illuminated one. So yeah, don't want anyone messing with that.

That's a good point, I have a roughly $90 helmet, I probably would be more careful with a $300 helmet.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I wear AGV GP-Tech helmets that are about $800 each, so yeah, I take mine with me:cool:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Couldn't justify 800 on a helmet.. That's insane.. I could probably live with 400 or under. Granted I live in Illinois with no Helmet law and nobody wears any gear..

This is true, but I've got the money and I'm a huge Rossi fan so I have 4 of his replica helmets (so far). There super comfortable and are highly visible, and I'm sure I'll have a couple more by the end of the year. And before any ATGATT people ask, I have a full race suit that I wear most of the time, and also a textile jacket and pants with built in armor for casual riding.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts