Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Interesting to read. I got a speeding ticket this weekend. I got it a good distance away from home. I would have to take off work if I were to fight it so it would hardly be worth it. I'm curious about the written aspect though I may need to look Into it. The flow of traffic was also very fast where I was and was not 100% on my speed nor was my gopro running so couldn't check if I wanted

Recommendations?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interesting to read. I got a speeding ticket this weekend. I got it a good distance away from home. I would have to take off work if I were to fight it so it would hardly be worth it. I'm curious about the written aspect though I may need to look Into it. The flow of traffic was also very fast where I was and was not 100% on my speed nor was my gopro running so couldn't check if I wanted

Recommendations?
If you're in CA, http://www.ticketassassin.com/ has good advice. Always worth it to fight by written declaration.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey folks, I've been keeping this a secret until now because I didn't want to jinx it but I'm ready to talk about it now.

I rode my bike to Santa Barbara on New Years 2014 to check the town out, but I had to come back that same night because I had work in the morning. Santa Barbara itself was actually lame, so I ride back so I can have enough time to get some sleep in, and I may have been going a little too fast. Indeed, I was about to lower my speed since I was in an area where it was likely that I could get pulled over, when I get pulled over and cited for allegedly going over the 65mph speed limit.

Over the next few months I delay my court appearance again and again, until this past March when I went to the court clerk ready to plead guilty, pay the fine and go to traffic school, when the clerk informs me that if I take it to trial that I have the option to ask the judge to go to traffic school if convicted. Immediately I change my plea to not guilty, given that I have nothing to lose by fighting the ticket, and my court trial is set for the 30th of April in Oxnard at the Juvenile Court.

So this afternoon I make my way to the court in my car (I want to ride the bike as little as possible for long rides until the trip this weekend), and I show up my heart pounding ready to accept my fate if the officer shows up.

The officer did not show up, and my case was dismissed. Yay!

As I take my clearance papers from the bailiff I notice that the citation officer was CHP, so I'm not sure if he did not show up because he's just not from that area, or because it's been months since this happened, but whatever the reason I'm happy to have the citation dismissed for this the first time I've ever contested it. It's good to start this weekend's trip on such good news, because that also means that I now have $369 more money than I did than if I'd been found guilty of allegedly speeding :)
Congrats! Thats a common legal defense to win any case. If you dont have a stroke or heart attack first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do not promote lying in any fashion.....*But, if you slyly find a way to mention to the LEO that you are a Registered Nurse you will get off without a ticket every time.......It's a silent, unmentionable, but understood code between policemen and nurses. The LEO risks his/her life everyday and they know that they never want to look up from the gurney table and gaze into the eyes of the person in charge of saving their life that they just recently issued a life altering ticket to for an inconsequential violation.

*Lying is sometimes acceptable when protecting oneself from a tyrannical, out of control, despotic government......who holds out its arms to you only to better suffocate your freedoms.
A dr was arrested for 180 mph on the Dragon, OTW to emergency surgery, got time in jail, banned from driving 6 months. He switched to airplanes that have no speed limit.

Fyi if u can make the cop laugh, no ticket, if u lie n bs, not so much, as this Gixxer gentleman proved yesterday:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts