Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
unfortunately...but still logging on to the forum and reading posts every day!

First ride time in Iowa (for me, at least) is usually sometime in mid to late March..weather dependent, of course.(although I hear some crazies - Rogue?- probably ride year round! :) )

Have a new set of Denali led driving lights to mount, bought new Cortech hi viz gauntlet gloves (bad ass!), got a new Cardo bluetooth unit replaced under warranty (Cardo folks we excellent and responsive), still planning on getting a new smoked visor for my Shoei helmet and will also purchase a Bohn Armor mesh 'shirt' to hold my elbow and shoulder armor tight allowing me to remove the elbow and shoulder armor from 2 of my jackets.

Will adjust chain prior to first ride...so lots of stuff going on in the off season! Just not a lot of posting!

Super Moderator
First ride time in Iowa (for me, at least) is usually sometime in mid to late March..weather dependent, of course.(although I hear some crazies - Rogue?- probably ride year round! :) )
I don't ride all year - good grief, I wish we could, though! I tend to park it for the winter once the DOT starts spreading sand on the roads and then don't start back up until we get a couple of hard rains to wash off the aforementioned sand. That stuff is great for cars trying to get traction on ice and snow, it's not so great for motorcycles on dry pavement.

This forum in general doesn't get a lot of activity anymore - not sure why since there are still a lot of 300 owners out there.

Registered
I'm sure everybody is out there lurking, but nice threads just don't show up.
I kept riding for the whole Florida winter, and did about a track day a month.
My N300 rides smooth and strong.

Registered
Last year, I was able to ride in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March when the weather was fine. This season....not so much.
So yes, HIBERNATING, missing the 300, and not feeling good about it! :cry:

Registered
Last year, I was able to ride in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March when the weather was fine. This season....not so much.
So yes, HIBERNATING, missing the 300, and not feeling good about it! :cry:
Hi, similar reason over here, usually able to ride when dryer conditions allow.
However ( you guys keep sending us, your storms of different names馃榿)
We just call it British winter weather, wet & windy in NW England.
But fortunately I don't need ride, due to ensuring I didn't purchase any waterproofs & don't intend too馃弽
Frequent visitor to the forum great way to while away time, before we ride
馃弽馃槑馃憤

Registered
So, it was 10掳C here yesterday and 15掳C today here in NE Pennsylvania.

Took out the Ninja 300 both days = AWESOME!!!!! 馃憤

Registered
forecast high of 62 today in Eastern Iowa! Thinking really hard about taking the bike out. Only problem is the streets are still covered in sand and crap from the winter...no heavy rains, yet, to wash the roads clean. Will make a game time decision early this afternoon...

Registered
Only problem is the streets are still covered in sand and crap from the winter...no heavy rains, yet, to wash the roads clean.

That was my concern too (sand/grit/salt)....but I just couldn't resist. went SLOW around corners, but it was a BLAST!!

....reminds me....I never cleaned it when I came back...:unsure:馃槻

Registered
couldn't resist, either! Went out for about an hour, 33 miles...man, I needed that! Felt so gooooooood.

I need to clean mine, too. Ran through a couple different wet spots on the street, splattered some dirty water up on the bike. 3/1 is the earliest yet I've had the first ride of the season...let's hope for a warm spring for lots more riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts