Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the first time I have actually liked "cut" sliders, I think they actually look really good on the body, it breaks up the large faring..

Who knows I might change my mind later on though once I start seeing more pics

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quick question. Between the slip on or the full exhaust, is their a sound difference. Will the full exhaust sound deeper or louder than the slip on? For who have it on their 300 or had it on there 250, was their a sound difference or just hp ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not amazed by the aesthetics of this exhaust. Certainly not impressed with the price.
The FMF Apex the clear winner so far. Waiting for the last of the companies to catch up before a pull the trigger after Christmas.
If I go for a Yashi slip on it will be the old 250 ninja classic off ebay. Looks a ton better and sounds great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What about a Power Commander for Full Exhaust?

I was just on the Power Commander V site and do not see one yet available. I know that a "Full System" would require a PCV and was just wondering when these would be available for our 300s. To get the most out of these "Full Systems" it is going to take a just right Map to make this Bike really right. As it is. This Bike stock is way to "LEAN" on the Map for a "Full System" and even a "Slip On". You need the sound insert to give it some back pressure to make it run halfway decent. And still there is the Issue of this Bike "Shutting Down" when coming to stops with the Idle Circuit or Glitch that is in the Fuel Injection system. Kawasaki R&D is working on this Issue as we speak. And assured me that they will deal with this issue as the warranty process. Just hope it will be soon so I can order my Full System and PCV...

Eventually, this is going to be one fine machine with some few tweaks and refinements. Maybe soon, my bike will be up to par soon. Hope this helps

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I was just on the Power Commander V site and do not see one yet available. I know that a "Full System" would require a PCV and was just wondering when these would be available for our 300s. To get the most out of these "Full Systems" it is going to take a just right Map to make this Bike really right. As it is. This Bike stock is way to "LEAN" on the Map for a "Full System" and even a "Slip On". You need the sound insert to give it some back pressure to make it run halfway decent. And still there is the Issue of this Bike "Shutting Down" when coming to stops with the Idle Circuit or Glitch that is in the Fuel Injection system. Kawasaki R&D is working on this Issue as we speak. And assured me that they will deal with this issue as the warranty process. Just hope it will be soon so I can order my Full System and PCV...

Eventually, this is going to be one fine machine with some few tweaks and refinements. Maybe soon, my bike will be up to par soon. Hope this helps

I am running a decatted header with an Akra slip on, no insert and it runs better than stock everywhere. I had a single stall after a hard mountain run but no actual idle problems. A tuner will no doubt make it better but it doesn't run worse with an exhaust.

I've put the insert in and out a few times, no appreciable difference. It seems to pull quicker to the useless top end quicker without it. Torque feels identical from the basement thru the mid. I'm not getting any heavy decel popping or typical lean throttle symptoms. I'm sure it is on the lean side but not radically so.

A free flow air filter might put it over the top.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Awesome, been planning on throwing on a slip-on exhaust soon after picking up the bike, since the stock exhaust doesn't really line up with the aggressive visuals.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am running a decatted header with an Akra slip on, no insert and it runs better than stock everywhere. I had a single stall after a hard mountain run but no actual idle problems. A tuner will no doubt make it better but it doesn't run worse with an exhaust.

I've put the insert in and out a few times, no appreciable difference. It seems to pull quicker to the useless top end quicker without it. Torque feels identical from the basement thru the mid. I'm not getting any heavy decel popping or typical lean throttle symptoms. I'm sure it is on the lean side but not radically so.

A free flow air filter might put it over the top.
So is that your saying is that it runs perfect as is, and all all PCV will do is give you worse MPG??

I have read from several FI CBR250/Ninja 250R guys that a PCV doesnt really make a noticable change other than worse MPG.. Maybe there is some truth??

Also read that from the factory it runs lean in the low RPM and rich in the mid-high rpm, and this was done to meet EPA requirements at idle.. So maybe its just lean in the low RPM so running wise in the mid-high rpm it still does just fine?? Just an idea :confused:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
So is that your saying is that it runs perfect as is, and all all PCV will do is give you worse MPG??

I have read from several FI CBR250/Ninja 250R guys that a PCV doesnt really make a noticable change other than worse MPG.. Maybe there is some truth??

Also read that from the factory it runs lean in the low RPM and rich in the mid-high rpm, and this was done to meet EPA requirements at idle.. So maybe its just lean in the low RPM so running wise in the mid-high rpm it still does just fine?? Just an idea :confused:

If these were carbs and I landed at the stock fueling in jetting trials I'd be pretty happy as is!

I bet the PC5 will make it run even better but it runs no worse than stock, which is already pretty darn good! According to Area-P dyno testing, the stock map is very lean low then rich towards the top. They have been able to keep it making power above the drop off at just under 11k with a new tune. As it is stock the bike falls flat over that point and is just making noise.

There is room for improvement but it doesn't run badly stock. With the exhaust mods I've made it hasn't hurt it at all.

The correct air/fuel in the lower revs will bring torque and throttle response up further still, but will probably decrease MPG a little.

The Area P dyno tests show no improvement with just a slip on too. I feel it revs quicker up top but not a big difference. My decat gave it better snap in the mid for sure. The front wheel threatens to defy gravity with aggressive throttle. :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.