Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone else have the yoshi rearset brackets on their bike? I finally got around to installing mine and the extended shift linkage provided with the set seems to be a little too thick, thus not fitting the shift linkage ends on the bike nor the lock nuts. The set i was sent was specifically labelled as a 250r set, however the part numbers between the 250r and 300s are identical through yoshimura.

so, my question is, is anyone having the same problems as me, or is this just a fluke on yoshi's end? I've already contacted the vendor that sold me this set, hoping to get some help on their end soon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
eh, so the vendor couldnt do anything about it but yoshimura is asking me to send in the link for inspection and possibly send me the correct one. apparently the 250 and 300 kits are indeed supposed to be identical.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The two ends are threaded differently. Did you try both ends?
yes, either way yoshi ended up sending me a replacement one without needing anything from me. just waiting on it to come in the mail and retry this install

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I bought them when they first released them, couldnt get it to fit on the bike at all, sent Yosh pics and their response was, sorry they fit on out R&D bike..

They really let me down customer service wise..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any updates on this? Really wanted these and the yoshi pegs then delete passenger pegs and black it out more, would look sick:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have these on the highest position. Once the bracket is on tightly and i put on the rear set on the exhuast side and the reaset hits the exhaust and wouldn't allow me to bolt it straight flushed with the bracket. Took it to my brother buddies shop and he somehow got it to fit it perfectly flushed but i'm sure it dugged in the exhaust a little or he moved the exhaust somehow. But so far no problems, feels good, and looks great to me :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
let me know if you want pictures and i can send it to you when i get home, just PM me your number or email

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply, I feel like I'm getting it now, yoshimura probably said it fit their r&d bike because they had their exhaust on it...makes sense, thanks again for your post! And I'll hit you up when I get them thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry, forgot about this thread.

i got the new shift linkage and installed it, and it was a really tight fit on the threads but i managed to get it on with some pliers to turn the rod. i currently have it on the highest setting and though the right rearset touches the exhaust shield slightly, i was able to bolt it on fully aligned how they should be.

i have these in combination with the woodcraft clip ons and i must say the riding position is a lot more aggressive, and the extra leverage on the balls of my feet are nice for leaning in turns.

i'm a short guy and with the stock rearset position, my legs usually go behind the pegs at a stand still, now that they are moved back, they get in the way of my legs and its really hard for me to stand up the bike. i'm sure i'll just get used to it. sorry i didnt take any pics, my bike is in storage right now and i havent had time to go out and ride as often as i'd like.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I recently got these and new riding boots as well. However I now feel cramped on the bike. I am 5' 6" and feel awkward on it. Any suggestions? I have mine set on the lower setting. Both sides.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I recently got these and new riding boots as well. However I now feel cramped on the bike. I am 5' 6" and feel awkward on it. Any suggestions? I have mine set on the lower setting. Both sides.
Yep, you probably will feel cramped. I pictured this in my head before deciding not to order the brackets. I'm a little cramped as it is and I'm a bit taller than you.

Best solution is to take them off and sell them. There is no "fixing" this. I sat on my friend's GSXR 600 which has a similar setup with the pegs and such set back and up higher and it is WAYYY more comfortable on that bike as it's a bigger bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts