Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody already put Yoshimura Full Exhaust or Yoshimura Slip on? I want to get one but dont know if full exhaust worth the money for 300 and whats the difference between slip on and full exhaust in case of how bike sounds?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Slip = Sound, appearance and weight reduction...No performance gain. Full = all mentioned and actual performance gain. How much? Dunno...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slip = Sound, appearance and weight reduction...No performance gain. Full = all mentioned and actual performance gain. How much? Dunno...
Also a questions: on Yoshimura website it says: For Closed Course Competition Use Only. Not Intended for Street Use. So does it mean if i get pulled over, i might get cited for this? or is just too loud? sorry i am new to all of this, so ask alot of questions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Also a questions: on Yoshimura website it says: For Closed Course Competition Use Only. Not Intended for Street Use. So does it mean if i get pulled over, i might get cited for this? or is just too loud? sorry i am new to all of this, so ask alot of questions.
Yeah, since they are only for closed course use- your bike will be impounded and auctioned off by the police if they catch you with it.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Yeah, since they are only for closed course use- your bike will be impounded and auctioned off by the police if they catch you with it.
Come on now...he said he was new and had a lot of questions. No need to freak him out and make him ask more questions. Cut him a little slack...

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Never heard of that happening ever. I do not think they will impound your bike thats a bit over the top, more than anything they will give you a work order or something similar saying your bike does not meet the emissions laws, and you wont be able to ride it until you can show that it does.

Unless you can show information or a law that says otherwise............

·
Banned
229 Posts
Did anybody already put Yoshimura Full Exhaust or Yoshimura Slip on? I want to get one but dont know if full exhaust worth the money for 300 and whats the difference between slip on and full exhaust in case of how bike sounds?
Dont worry about the disclaimer, thats just something they need to put on the label for legal purposes. Ill be surprised if you get a fix-it ticket for an exhaust.

Here is my take...
If you can afford the full exhaust (plus the tuner to supplement it) go for it. Now for me, its strictly an aesthetics thing. I dont like the way the slip on alone looks attached to the stock pipes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Like Phillips said don't worry about the disclaimer with the baffle in the full exhaust isnt to loud. I would say full exhaust if you want to squeeze every bit of HP from your bike but remember that you will need a tuner if you get a full exhaust. Most of the guys here like the area p tuner Thats a extra $250. If all you want is better sound while getting rid of the ugly stock exhaust get a slip on. Hope that helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
I put the full system on my 300 with the Bazzaz unit. Its a race-only bike, but its really not that loud, and definitely bumps the HP. I get comments on the sound all the time, at redline is sounds like a pissed off badger, but at lower rpms its a deeper sound. Correct re slip on, its the increase in the diameter of the entire exhaust that allows for more HP, the headers make the diff.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you have the bread to throw at performance mods, go full exhaust. If you're a new rider, an extra 3 to 5 HP is a waste because it's not like you know how to utilize it yet. You won't even likely notice it. That's not a knock either I'm just saying.

For now you can just get a slip-on for sound and looks, learn how to ride properly get a few thousand miles under the belt. If you feel like you need a few extra HP, then go for it. My guess is that by the time you feel like you need more HP, you'll be ready to buy a bigger bike.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
FWIW, we have tons more guys getting slipons vs a full system. Pretty sure its down to $$. Either way you go, sound will def be different and looks, sound and weight savings is always a plus.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the full Yoshi off of Biohazardcycles.com and I love it. They have it for $575, which is a hell of a deal. Sounds and looks amazing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed my full Yoshi system yesterday, and it sounded sweet. I left the insert in cause without it it kinda sounded like it'd attract too much attention.

Quick question though, I got off the highway today, and the sound profile sounded totally different: similar to having the insert out (ie loud and deep). Now I'm not complaining here, but has anyone had that happen to them either?? I'm a little scared to take the insert out now.....

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got the full Yoshi off of Biohazardcycles.com and I love it. They have it for $575, which is a hell of a deal. Sounds and looks amazing.
575 for the carbon full? that is a nice price, any more than 575 for a full exhaust for this bike is expensive imo

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just installed my full Yoshi system yesterday, and it sounded sweet. I left the insert in cause without it it kinda sounded like it'd attract too much attention.

Quick question though, I got off the highway today, and the sound profile sounded totally different: similar to having the insert out (ie loud and deep). Now I'm not complaining here, but has anyone had that happen to them either?? I'm a little scared to take the insert out now.....
is not the stock exhaust, is going to be a little loud btw

1 - 20 of 47 Posts