Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Install/ Tips Ninja 300

It took me about 2 hours to do the install, this is including putting the bike on the bike stand, putting the fender together, doing the wiring, etc etc. The hardest part for me was the wiring (and the longest).
*****Disclaimer do not be alarmed by the glorious and legendary DAD working in the background of my pictures. He was doing some staining for new doors.*******

Unlike most videos I watched I did not have to remove all my plastics. I removed the sides in order to get to the Main Seat bolts, then I removed the metal bracket that hides the connectors.(The second picture you just have to slide the metal bracket towards the front of the bike and the 2 black plastic tips will simply pop right out)
I then removed my passenger, secondary seat and the toolkit within that. I unplugged the Grey, the Black and the other black piece that was next to those. I then undid the wire clamp holder ( located right below the fender piece that was right behind the metal bracket in the picture.I undid the other one closer in the middle and then pulled the rubber. nub covering the hole. I pulled all the wires out then I removed the 4 Hex screws and removed the tail. WHEN PUTTING THE STOCK Signals into the metal bracket PUT VASELINE ON THE RUBBER PART IT MAKES IT SOOOO MUCH EAASIIIIEEEERRRRRR. Otherwise i just followed the Yoshi instructions.

BEFORE SPLICING THE PLATE LIGHT put the light kit THROUGH The metal bracket FIRST THEN SPLICE!

I pretty much followed this video When i spliced my wires I used electric tape instead of heat shrink.
https://youtu.be/M6zKjcT2haA

Attachments

Reactions: giant

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you had much problems when it is raining? I have been thinking about try to place mudguard on the back tired like but it would required to somehow Weld it... I still thinking if it is to much problem....

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts