Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Yoshimura slip on muffler and noticed a slight leak from the exhaust clamp. The kit doesn't come with a gasket and the clamp is tightened to spec. Did anyone else have the same issue or did they buy a gasket seperately?

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had to use a crush gasket on my Delk to stop an air leak.

I wondered if other brands were designed to need one as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the leak going to sacrifice any performance, less back pressure etc? I might drop by my local exhaust shop to enquire about getting a thin gasket between the joint where the clamp is located.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just installed the Yoshimura slip on muffler and noticed a slight leak from the exhaust clamp. The kit doesn't come with a gasket and the clamp is tightened to spec. Did anyone else have the same issue or did they buy a gasket seperately?
Have you tried a silicon exhaust gasket application

·
Registered
655 Posts
What side is your gold spacer on? From the looks of it the pipes angle might be slightly off.

Id be looking at playing with the exaust bracket alittle bit you will be surprised what a few millimeters in either direction can do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using the Yoshimura muffler bracket as well that bolts straight on the muffler holder. There is no free play at all and the black spacer that comes with the bracket kit is on the outside as per the instructions. I will look into a silicon gasket option soon.

·
Registered
655 Posts
are you sure its the outside the wording on the instructions is messed up I nearly lost my shit installing mine then realized it goes on the inside where the nut backs onto.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
are you sure its the outside the wording on the instructions is messed up I nearly lost my shit installing mine then realized it goes on the inside where the nut backs onto.
I thought the same, that was what took me the longest of the whole install..........figuring out what side to put the bloody thing on. In the end I put it on the outside. So my bolt goes through the spacer, through the clamp, through the bracket and than out the back with a nut to simply hold it on. Sorta like the look of the little gold spacer, very subtle.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Spacer is #5 on here, goes on the inside

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
sorry the motorcycle app failed to load pic, i edited it with pic, had to upload from my computer

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yeah I had those instructions already cheers anyway.

My major thing was I put it where it shows on the instructions, and it felt as if it was pushing the exhaust outwards a little. It was if I had to pull the exhaust out to get the spacer in behind, and I wasnt real keen on doing that, so in the end it just went on front.

Still works regardless I suppose, might have another look at it this weekend to see if I can make it sit a little better.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Jeff i found the bracket didn't sit right with the spacer like that and was much more relaxed with it in the correct place.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Jeff i found the bracket didn't sit right with the spacer like that and was much more relaxed with it in the correct place.
Yeah I did wrestle with that bracket for a while. Took 30 mins to get old system off and new one on........and then another 2 or so hours mucking about with that spacer.........:mad:

Will give it a look this weekend for sure. Nice that Yoshi includes a gold spacer with the full system though huh! Just to make us feel special :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
it really doesn't matter where the spacer goes, as long as the spacer isn't between the bike and the bracket, it'll have a good fit

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My slip on also came with a gold spacer but I personally prefer the black one that came with the Yoshi muffler bracket.

The instructions for installing the muffler says that the gold spacer needs to be on the inside, however if you purchased the muffler bracket, the black spacer is on the outside.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts