Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the nuts. Cut the fairing. Put on the the sliders. When I was putting the fairing back on I noticed some of the holes weren't aligning. Somehow got it on. And now encountered this Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Automotive exhaust

Im trying not to get discouraged and way past frustration bc this should be a fairly easy task and its taken me over a day now. Any help/advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
One side is longer than the other, is it not? It was for my Shogun sliders.
Make sure it's installed on the correct side.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just to clarify after you have the brackets on and the 1 inch hole drilled into the side fairings you can put the fairings on. The thick part of the spacer slides into that hole from the outside the actual slider slips onto the shorter skinnier side of the spacer and the bolt goes through and screws into the bracket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They fit so close that it looks that way. BTW remember to replug in your front turn indicators otherwise you will feel dumb when you can's figure out why your blinkers don't blink anymore :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
No problem! Like I said I just finished up the install today and it was all fresh in my mind. Now my baby has the Yoshi Fender Eliminator and the sliders and is ready to roll when the weather in Michigan warms up!

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, it almost sounds like it's worth it to have someone who does this for a living handle the Yoshi install?

Appreciate everyone's insights....

Figured if I'm gonna invest over $5k in a new bike, I should spend a couple hundred more in insurance to keep it looking nice as long as possible through the learning phase....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, it almost sounds like it's worth it to have someone who does this for a living handle the Yoshi install?

Appreciate everyone's insights....

Figured if I'm gonna invest over $5k in a new bike, I should spend a couple hundred more in insurance to keep it looking nice as long as possible through the learning phase....
Thats my exact thought process in purchasing one. I have yet to drop mine but I got mine solely for that 'OH SHIT!' moment. I've also heard of people coming out of stores to see their bikes on the ground from people sitting on it or messing with it.

Personally, its not a hard mod in retrospect. Had I known about doing it on its kick stand and the spacer being on the outside it would have only taken me a couple hours at the most. Another great thing is I was reluctant to take off the fairings but after installing it, I feel like I know my bike a lot better now. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts