Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post here on the forms, so - hello.

My question pertains to my Yoshi R-77 Full exhaust system. I purchased the bike with this mod, however, so far as I know, the ECU has never been flashed and there is no PC or juice box attached. I have been reading up on the whole notion of running to lean and I decided that I wanted to get a consensus. Will the Yoshi R-77 full cause my 2013 300 to run dangerously lean? Is an ECU flash or PC absolutely necessary? I intend on getting my ECU flashed here soon, however, I didn't know if I was at risk by riding it as it now stands.

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

My question pertains to my Yoshi R-77 Full exhaust system. I purchased the bike with this mod, however, so far as I know, the ECU has never been flashed and there is no PC or juice box attached. I have been reading up on the whole notion of running to lean and I decided that I wanted to get a consensus. Will the Yoshi R-77 full cause my 2013 300 to run dangerously lean? Is an ECU flash or PC absolutely necessary? I intend on getting my ECU flashed here soon, however, I didn't know if I was at risk by riding it as it now stands.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm about to buy a power commander but the price is a bit too expensive for me right now.

Someone please chime in :)?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Yeah, I don't recommend running a full-exhaust without an ECU-flash or a good piggyback system such as the Area-P or Power Commander. Flashing gives you the most control and doesn't add weight, but it's got some downsides too because you have to send it out to get flashed or buy a flashing unit. I went to Flash-Tune in Los Angeles and was the first 300 to get their custom flash treatment. Really happy with it. I also have their quickshifter. Flash-Tune offers both generic and custom tunes, and they work by mail too. Take out your ECU, send it to them, have them flash it and they'll mail it back. Downside...no bike riding during that time.

But, you can also use an Area-P or Power Commander piggyback unit with various maps you can download to adjust the fueling. Some maps will require that you use premium fuel. My ECU map requires 91 octane or better, so that's what I use.

But yeah, you should get something so you can fully-benefit from that full exhaust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As Spacep0d said.
I went with the Area-P due to being in Australia and not finding anywhere to flash the ECU.

It's good and the guys who support it are great. I have tried a few maps from them with great success.

FYI if you have ABD like I do its a bitch to install!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello all,

Have a look at the spark plugs, they will tell you if it's running really rich or really lean. If they look ok then I'm sure you'll be fine without a flash or pc5 (as long as the bike also feels like it is running fine)

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.