Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a 2 brothers slip on but unfortunately they don't sell them in S.A anymore so now I'm looking for the next best thing.which would you recommend?my stock exhaust is showing signs of rust so it needs to withstand that aswell.I want the best based on performance.and if its loud then I consider that to be a benefit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wanted a 2 brothers slip on but unfortunately they don't sell them in S.A anymore so now I'm looking for the next best thing.which would you recommend?my stock exhaust is showing signs of rust so it needs to withstand that aswell.I want the best based on performance.and if its loud then I consider that to be a benefit.
slip ons wont do much for performance but as for quility yoshi will leave two brother for dead and they sound great

·
Registered
56 Posts
My vote is with a Yoshimura, but before you buy you should check out videos on youtube for the sound of each slip-on. I believe one fellow forum user has posted videos on the exhaust sound (the one that plastidipped their bike to a matte color).

·
Registered
813 Posts
pfffft get a two brothers online, i just bought one from ebay they start at about $350 with $80 express shipping. The 250R i had was equipped with a Two brothers M2, its rust free, sounds sexy and still looks good 5 years later.
I'd go with two brothers over the other two options, but the akropovic exhausts seem to have more ommph than the yoshis lol

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Micron is pretty well known for loud exhausts, so too is Screaming Eagle, lol, i love my two brothers slipon, very nice, cant wait till tomorra to get the power commander 5 on, i have high expectations from it

·
Registered
286 Posts
Micron is pretty well known for loud exhausts, so too is Screaming Eagle, lol, i love my two brothers slipon, very nice, cant wait till tomorra to get the power commander 5 on, i have high expectations from it
Too bad Micron isn't making exhaust anymore. I had a Micron full system on my R6, and it was awesome. Would have loved one for the ninja.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer got back to me today with a quote.he can't get me a akropovic either.R6200 quote for a yoshi titanium and a 4 week waiting period.has anyone heard of powerflow exhausts?they make them locally and I had one on my scooter.it sounded like harley.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've thought about going the ebay route but its such a hassle to set up.I can only buy paypal items and I have to change banks to a bank that has the paypal option.register for it.register on ebay.convert my money.wait weeks for parts that might not turn up.I'd like to but it seems like too much hassle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my Akrapovic. It's not too loud...I haven't actually had the baffle out yet...but gives the exhaust a nice deep note. It's got excellent build quality with a nice carbon fiber can and bracket.

You can actually use the Akrapovic slip on for a 250, but you need a 250 exhaust bracket. Some people have said they made it work with the existing rear peg connection, but I don't see how. I ordered the bracket from SSR and it fits perfectly.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
two brothers is the worst quality out of those three, yoshi 2nd, akra would be the best.

they each are a step up in price too. slip ons will not give you performance gains, you are just buying a noise maker and dropping a few lbs. buy whichever one you think looks best. also there are 30 threads on exhaust and even a few titled the exact same thing as this.

Search is your friend.

·
Registered
463 Posts
whatever make you jiggle with joy when u see it

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
My Yoshi definitely has a huge big diameter pipe S-bend, just further down than the M4 and shinier :cool:

Dont know why M4 put the S bend higher up......why would they want people to see the ugly ass joins and crappy welding quality? :D

All good people, they are all good ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.