Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
what makes these so much better than the others? what makes the oem ones so much worse than the rest?
They are better than the OEM ones because they actually look good. The OEM ones are large in comparison, but the worse part is that they float high over the fairings, especially when viewed from the back. These extend much closer to the fairings, so they look better.

They are better than the others because they share a similar design to the OEM sliders. Meaning, they are located in the optimal spot for protection, and have beefy tubular reinforced brackets to sustain an impact.

So they look to be the best compromise between aesthetics and protection. Only real downside is the cut in the frame, but I can live with it...over the OEM cut anyways.

Look how high the OEM ones float above the fairing. If they shaped it better, or made it smaller it woulda looked great!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the oem ones. They actually don't look that bad. They float because the hole through the fairing is less than an inch and they have a big slider. There is no doubt they are the best protection but the yoshi ones are better looking and still in the same spot. The bracket they are on even looks exactly the same. I really think the only difference is the plastic slider itself. I do think they all look like random knobs sticking out like you but they are worth it because look at everyone that has dropped their bike on here already.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yea, the yoshi are definitely based on the OEM. They just did a better job of making them look better. Imagine if the OEM ones has the slider curved to contour to the fairing so it stayed the same height above the fairing over the length of the slider. Would have been much better. Still kinda big, but much better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
so i went to the dealer and asked them how much it would cost to install cut frame sliders.. said it would take 3 hours and they charge about 100 dollars per hour.. Is it really that hard to cut the fairing and install?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.