Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to take the long bolt out but i feel like its jammed somehow and im afraid if i yank it out i wont be able to put on the yoshi provided one. I have it supported by a jack but its being a pain! ImageUploadedByMO Free1366783483.723033.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
655 Posts
looks like its coming out on an angel probably going to mess with the thread if you force it.

Is that hose pushing on it?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Not much of a choice, I think your gonna just have to force it out then tap it. Also try giving it a good tap with a hammer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting... I just did this very procedure on Monday (April 22nd) and the bolt came right out. I didn't even have the the bike on a rear stand, just the kickstand. I did loosen the 4 bolts holding the radiator on as suggested in some other guides, that seamed to allow me to move that radiator hose forward some. My bolt slid right out no issues. If it wont come out you could always take a punch and knock it out :) Perhaps if you are using a jack its putting too much upward force on the motor holding the bolt in place...

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's gonna sound like I am playing devils advocate here but....make sure the top two bolts are in both sides of the motor mounts. Release the jack and put it on its side kickstand. If it doesn't come out easily then you should put it back on the rear stand and support (lightly with the jack) and get your trusty punch ....you don't even re-use that long bolt Yoshi included a new one with the kit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's gonna sound like I am playing devils advocate here but....make sure the top two bolts are in both sides of the motor mounts. Release the jack and put it on its side kickstand. If it doesn't come out easily then you should put it back on the rear stand and support (lightly with the jack) and get your trusty punch ....you don't even re-use that long bolt Yoshi included a new one with the kit.
Ok ill try that

·
Registered
48 Posts
It came out for me no prob. I think (imho) putting it on the rear stand tips the engines weight forwards pinning the bolt in place. It won't tip over and as long as the top two bolts on each side are in the engine will still be supported.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Almost makes me wonder if the bolt is crooked...I take it getting mean with the punch didnt work either ... I wonder if a factory worked lock tite'd it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking at your picture again it does appear to have a little angle to it. At this point I would put it back on the rear stand and bust the jack back out. Raise it millimeters at a time and see if that bolt jiggles at all at any point of you raising the jack. If you can put some grease or oil on the bolt and slide it back in it might help a little as well. Its times like these I wish we had teleportation technology.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got that sucka on there! Once i put it on the kickstand it went it like buttah! You were right saynt. All the weight shifts it forward misaligning the holes. Wish i knew this going into it lol Only problem now is i lost some nuts (hardware lol) along the way. I tried fishing them out with a magnet extender and even unplugged some crap along the way to reach but i couldn't feel a damn thing. Looks like its off to the hardware store tomorrow for me. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts