Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree to an extent, but it has little subtleties that really make it stand out. I particularly like the green color. If I was in the market for a cruiser, it'd probably be between this and the sportster

·
Banned
196 Posts
I bet a rides a lot smoother than a sportster. I had a 1200 sportster with rubber motor mounts and it still vibrated hard.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Our vintage bike guys says " should have lots of custom potential ". Good looking bike and the $$ isnt bad either

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our vintage bike guys says " should have lots of custom potential ". Good looking bike and the $$ isnt bad either

agreed. Hard Racing, let us know how much the forum discount is lol

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I would love to get myself a sportster, just not into the big Harleys (yet)

Looks reasonably priced.. I cant wait to see some comparisons between the two...

Harley still does have its name going for them though, so it may be a though call hahha..

As weird and sappy as it sounds I have this dream of buying a Harley and riding it to death, then giving it to my kid and rebuilding it together :)

·
Banned
196 Posts
Just remember about Harleys, they vibrate like cazy, only take high octane fuel, must be serviced every 5000 miles, everything cost a lot for these bikes: service, parts.

Also, Sportsters only have 5 speed and the way the gearing is to short to run above 65 mph without it beating you to death.

But if you want a harley go for it. I enjoyed having one but now would only get a Japanese cruiser.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Just remember about barleys, they vibrate like cazy, only take high octane fuel, must be serviced every 5000 miles, everything cost a lot for these bikes: service, parts.

Also, Sportsters only have 5 speed and the way the gearing is to short to run above 65 mph without it beating you to death.

But if you want a harley go for it. I enjoyed having one but now would only get a Japanese cruiser.
Definitly good points, I think the only thing that worries me, I am fairly certain 20 years from now I could very easily find Harley parts..

Could I find Yamaha Bolt parts though???

I think the only thing that Harley does for me is that its called a Harley haha

Dont get my wrong though, metric cruiser do look awesome and their quality is amazing :D

·
Banned
196 Posts
Definitly good points, I think the only thing that worries me, I am fairly certain 20 years from now I could very easily find Harley parts..

Could I find Yamaha Bolt parts though???

I think the only thing that Harley does for me is that its called a Harley haha

Dont get my wrong though, metric cruiser do look awesome and their quality is amazing :D
Agreed. It is very easy to find parts for Harley's, even the old ones. Another good reason to get a harley is the amount of customization and that they are just cool. But for me that doesn't their negative attributes. Go test ride one before you buy and determine if they are for you or not.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like the bolt a lot actually I've been looking into getting a 2013 HD forty Eight but the bolt has me second guessing a bit the 883 is around the same price point but there's something about it that's Less appealing to me

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd still pick my Harley over that any day. There's just something about American muscle, even if it does rattle you to death haha

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I was just showing a couple guys here at the office that know I am obsessed with Harleys..

They said and I quote "it looks like a pre-pimped sportster"

I got to thinking, yeah thats about right, it comes with some cool bells and whisles that the Spotster doesnt come with, PLUS I am sure this will be way more reliable than any HD..

I may just have to get one here in the next year or two, who knows what I will get though, it will either be a sportster or similar to one haha.. I dont want to get one to soon because I want to give my 300 some love.. But what I want is the 300 for the weekend fun bike and a cruiser general around town bike :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
No, why did I click on this topic! I really like the look of this bike. Now I have to go into the dealership next month and check it out. I just traded my cruiser for the 300. Lol. it would be a nice bike to sit along side the 300.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just showing a couple guys here at the office that know I am obsessed with Harleys..

They said and I quote "it looks like a pre-pimped sportster"

I got to thinking, yeah thats about right, it comes with some cool bells and whisles that the Spotster doesnt come with, PLUS I am sure this will be way more reliable than any HD..

I may just have to get one here in the next year or two, who knows what I will get though, it will either be a sportster or similar to one haha.. I dont want to get one to soon because I want to give my 300 some love.. But what I want is the 300 for the weekend fun bike and a cruiser general around town bike :D
Hey nobody says you can't have the best of both worlds, right? If I remember correctly didn't you pay yours off CBZ?

As for me? If i had a garage and my 300 was paid off, there's a good chance this would be bike number 2!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Hey nobody says you can't have the best of both worlds, right? If I remember correctly didn't you pay yours off CBZ?

As for me? If i had a garage and my 300 was paid off, there's a good chance this would be bike number 2!
I have the cash to pay it off, my interest rate is just so low I like seeing the money my bank account more than anywhere else. I think my plan is to pay my tax bill $1700, then make a couple $1000 monthly payments on the bike and be done.. Then I really want to built a new garage as my OLD 10x24 garage is not cutting it haha... We shall see, seems like there is always something..

·
Banned
196 Posts
The bolt does look a lot like a harley sportster but will undoubtedly be smoother, more reliable, and cheaper on maintenance.

My advice is not to make the decision based on looks. Its easy to go test ride a used sportster. If you have never ridden one go try one out, its the only way you can fully understand how a harley rides. Especially a non-counterbalanced sportster.

·
Banned
196 Posts
Harley engines are unique in that their pistons fire at almost the same time, so they create a lot of vibration. Unlike a Japanese v twine that fire opposite each other and create less vibration.

Yes the fact that the pistons fire at almost the same time is why you get that awesome harley sound, but you have to pay for it in more ways then 1.

Dont get me wrong, I love Harleys I just want everyone to know the facts about them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts