Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is going to come off as a rant, but Im pretty sick of kawasaki at this point. I was soo excited to get my new bike and start riding, I've babied my bike from day one, and have loved every minute of it.

I recently went in for my 1st service (600 miles) and I was having an issue with my fairing popping out, my shifting from 2nd into third. The sales guy had me to beleive he would be charging 150 to do the first service, when I got there I was quoted 189.00 I said no biggie as long as my bike is being serviced by trained techs Im ok with the price. I get a call back after about 6 hours, and the guy said your bike is ready to be picked up. I asked cool did you figure out the shifting and the fairing issues? he said you have aftermarket parts on here and we wont even look at the bike for either problem. I said so you didnt even determine if the problem was mine or yours you just assumed that it was aftermarket and it has to be whats causing the issue? oh and you crashed your bike and were not going to honor the warranty.

At this point my blood was boiling, I told the tech to not touch my bike anymore, and this would be the last service I would have done from them. The manager got involved, and somehow tried to resolve the issue, no they still didnt look at the shifting issue and my fairing still hasnt been touched. I told him what my thoughts were, as I'm in the service industry as well, and that being told they were not going to do anything, I was a little reluctant to even want my extended warranty, but somehow left without getting a credit, or my bike being fixed.

fast forward 1,000 miles later and 2 months and my brake lilght from the front brake lever wont turn the light on, I rode over after work one day, and same tech said you have aftermarket levers we wont even help you with the problem, if it werent for another tech to come over and look at the bike I would have been getting pretty heated. The other tech came and tested it, said no its a faulty switch we will have to order one and give you a call, I said cool can we take care of the fender issue when i bring it back in, he said sure kawasaki had finally addressed the issue in an email to the techs on how to solve the issue and that it wasnt a result of a crash (who knew?)

I called this past saturday, as I work monday to friday during normal service hours, and asked if they could work on the bike, they said they dont do warranty issues on the weekend, I asked to make an appointment for the following monday (today) he said sure be here at 10 am. wife had to bring the bike over as I had to work, she gets there and they dont have record of us being on the schedule, no biggie, but the guy starts getting in her face about she never called and that we should have been more dilligent with who we spoke to over the weekend. They agree to fix the bike as they had the part and there werent too many bikes to be serviced, but she had asked about the fairing issue, the guy turned around and got in her face again, stating he doesnt know how to fix it, theres only one person that knows how to fix it and its his day off. I get a call from my wife obviously and she tells me whats going on. I call over there and ask what needs to be done so we can resolve our issues. The manager again gets involved and says no problem we will have it done by tonight.

They close at 5 so i got off work early to be there in person to see what was happening. There was not a phone call or anything to let me know one way or the other if the bike was done or not, we get there and sure enough it wasnt even looked at. I ask the manager what happened, he said oh they didnt get it done, I said why wasnt I informed of my bike needing to be held for another day, after the fiasco we went through this morning? He says well what do you want me to do? I said I want your service department and you to communicate better so Im not left in the dark, this being the second time that this had happened. the manager says well i can have the bike delivered to your house tommorow if it helps, I said it helps me not trust your service department at all, and I would like to have my extended warranty refunded, he says talk to paul the finance guy.

I walk over to Paul, and tell him what I wanted to do, he says why cant we resolve the issue? I said I don't trust your service department to be able to perform service, over the next 20 minutes he talked over me, and threw insult after insult to try and get me more upset with what was happening. I said I'm done trying to explain the situation to you, please tell me what I need to do to get a refund. The manager comes back over, and finishes all the paperwork THANK GOD!

I am sick to my stomach with the whole team at champion motorcycles in newport beach, the only 2 people worth a damn at the place is a surfer dude that knows how to talk to people in the service department, and the sales guy that sold me my bike Art navaro.

This whole situation makes me want to not ever own a kawasaki product again. I will probably be selling my ninja and buy with a company that cares about its customers.

Sorry for the long rant, I just hope noone else experiences this from their dealership ever.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is not about Kawasaki itself but the franchise dealership.

While I do agree that your situation sucks and their service was terrible, please do not generalise and put every kawasaki rep or the whole comp in the same boat. In general Kawa has great products and i've never had to complain about anything from them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you cant get service done on a product though? Im not saying kawasaki doesnt make a good product, Im saying if I cant get service done on my bike then whats the point of an extended warranty or them stepping up behind their product? The lack of service, and customer relations with this branch is not a curser for the entire company, but it would be nice to get service from the people you bought your bike form. thats my 2 cents thanks for the reply

·
Registered
630 Posts
Definitely go to another Kawasaki dealer. This is why I did my 600 mile service myself, I just don't trust the lazy ass techs that work in the service dept where I bought my bike. I'm sure some of them are great, but yeah...

Reactions: CopperHead

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
That is definitely not Kawasaki mate, that is your a shitty dealer through and through. Again I will have to echo what has been said before, write a letter to Kawasaki mate, they will not be impressed at all the way you have been treated nor the way the dealership operates its service department. Kawasaki values its customers, shame the dealers dont operate the same way.

·
Registered
487 Posts
+1 to definitely going to another dealer for service. Not sure why you kept going back for that sort of attitude from them. Pretty sure they don't sell just Kawis but changing bike brands won't help if you keep going back to that dealer either...

Warranty can be pretty specific about excluding certain items/conditions but at minimum service should be looking at any bike to diagnose the problems

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Sorry for the long rant, I just hope noone else experiences this from their dealership ever.

you need to copy/paste all of this in to a letter and send it to kawasaki head office and let them know, i have no doubt they will sort out the dealership, they dont want their clients having a shitty experience at the dealer, i know for a fact honda does this and im betting on kwaka doing the same

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes I sent a letter to kawasaki after posting here, theres no reason anyone should go through this. i appreciate the responses guys and gals.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
I love morons that associate problems from their local dealers to the national brands.

Omg I hate mazda because my mazda dealership didnt fix my X right.

Omg I had a yamaha once and the dealership tried to scam me i will never ride
yamaha again kawasaki 4 lyfeeee(at least until I run into a shitty kawa dealer then i'll fanboy something else and claim ive put 80k miles on it in 4 yrs and never had a single problem)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love morons that associate problems from their local dealers to the national brands.

Omg I hate mazda because my mazda dealership didnt fix my X right.

Omg I had a yamaha once and the dealership tried to scam me i will never ride
yamaha again kawasaki 4 lyfeeee(at least until I run into a shitty kawa dealer then i'll fanboy something else and claim ive put 80k miles on it in 4 yrs and never had a single problem)
This.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also appreciate morons that will accept poor customer service and bad dealership practices, they fill our jails and keep the tax payers money to good use

·
Registered
958 Posts
The reason I never go for extended warranties is that you could easily have a problem with any warranty work UNLESS you also have the dealer do all the service. Anyway there is always that question. And if you do go to them for all the service, holy cow, that will be thousands in routine maintenance after say 3 years...maybe $4000, if they are charging $200 for an oil change. They make money by selling you stuff, sometimes even before it's really needed. Like when you go to get your $22 quick oil change, and how do they spend most of their time?? Looking for high cost replacement parts like air filters or cabin air filters, or washer blades which they bring to show you as you are sipping your coffee thinking how $22 for an oil change is really great. I do my own maintenance. The beauty of Japanese bike is they are dependable. Take advantage of that. Warranty work is something else, although I have only had the stall problem and since I know they can't fix that at the moment, I'll not waste my time just to have them increase my idle a little and tell me it's fixed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had a pretty bad encounter at midcites honda kawasaki in paramount, ca today. I wanted to see if my clutch housing would be covered under the warranty bc its stripped for some reason and they automatically told me no just bc i have aftermarket ones on there. I had told him that it i noticed it when i was adjusting the free play with the stock levers and that aftermarket levers would have nothing to do with the threads being all boogered up. I was unable to go to them right away bc of conflicting schedules but didn't think it would be an issue. All in the end i ended up purchasing it with doubts about that particular dealership. Oh well onto the next one

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
@OP. We bought our ninja 250 from Champion in Newport. I took it in to them for the 600 mile maintenance.

Immediately after getting the 250 back I found that the lights that illuminated the gauge clusters (tact and fuel) no longer worked. I took the 250 back in and they informed me that lights had burnt out (?).

It was work that was covered by the warranty, but I've always felt that it was something that they did so that I had to bring the 250 back in so they could bill the work to Kawasaki.

I've never been back.. Bought our 300 from Mission in Irvine. Just got it back from having its 600 mile maintenance done by them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
@ police2meetyou,

I almost bought my bike @ midcities honda because
it was the closest dealer to me. Don't know if I want
to get it serviced there. Let me know if you finda a better
place.Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
@ police2meetyou,

I almost bought my bike @ midcities honda because
it was the closest dealer to me. Don't know if I want
to get it serviced there. Let me know if you finda a better
place.Thanks.
Its the closest dealer to me as well but I'm thinking i might have better luck with whittier fun center but its kind of a drive from me. If you can get a good deal at midcities then go for it but as for servicing i say shop around. Where are you from spade?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its the closest dealer to me as well but I'm thinking i might have better luck with whittier fun center but its kind of a drive from me. If you can get a good deal at midcities then go for it but as for servicing i say shop around. Where are you from spade?

I'm from the Downey area. I ended up purchasing my bike in
Corona, but its further than I want ride just to get it serviced.
I will look around though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts