Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my language but on the 2nd damn day too!

I don't understand how in the heck do you hit a parked car!? My helmet is busted and the side of my bike is busted...I kno it's my fault but I should have stayed in the house. I know other people have did worse than me but I needed someone or something to vent to since everybody said I was gonna wreck anyways...

S/n I really hate when people bring up negative things, it's like they want or wish for it to happen...

I messed up her bumper really bad so I know they will have to replace it. Now all I hear is TAKE THE BIKE BACK take it back in every ear... :(

It felt like a dream when it happened but sad to say it was reality. I'm thankful no one was hurt tho but geesh why me? Why now? Could this be a sign?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
What happened exactly to make you hit the car? Shit happens man.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take full blame for it...when I was moving out I noticed my helmet wasnt closed so me being the dumbass I used one hand to bring it down and my right hand gave it gas and instead of me just locking the wheel or using the brakes at all, I didn't and BAM...hit the car and "down goes Frazier!"

·
Registered
839 Posts
We all make mistakes-- just brush yourself off, take a breather, recap, and learn from your mistakes. ;)

Reactions: bosshunt

·
Registered
839 Posts
You'll be okay, I promise :)

I dropped mine by not making sure my kickstand was fully extended....
many of us have made dumb mistakes.

Just learn from em and move on.

Reactions: SClown and bosshunt

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The side of my bike is really scratched up...the clutch is ok but does anyone know how or if I can get those fixed...

I took pics but can't upload them on my iPhone for some reason

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cut the noise. Fix your bike up. And don't ride it yet.

Really reassess your intentions and goals when on your bike. When you gear up, you should change your mental state. You aren't the same person that's driving a car or walking around. You have to ride at all speeds (especially including 0mph) with the utmost attention and confidence. If you're not confident enough to do something, don't do it (or don't do it so quickly). You're riding for yourself. Don't try to impress anyone else. Ride your ride.

After you're mentally good to go, take it to an empty parking lot and practice clutch control, brake control and all that jazz at SLOW speeds. You shouldn't be going past 2nd gear.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Cut the noise. Fix your bike up. And don't ride it yet.

Really reassess your intentions and goals when on your bike. When you gear up, you should change your mental state. You aren't the same person that's driving a car or walking around. You have to ride at all speeds (especially including 0mph) with the utmost attention and confidence. If you're not confident enough to do something, don't do it (or don't do it so quickly). You're riding for yourself. Don't try to impress anyone else. Ride your ride.

After you're mentally good to go, take it to an empty parking lot and practice clutch control, brake control and all that jazz at SLOW speeds. You shouldn't be going past 2nd gear.
+1 I have seen so many ppl drop bikes due to not being able to work the clutch had they spent a day in a parking lot working on the basic riding skill's they need they have never droped/crashed that day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You know, Einstein said that an insane person is one who does the same things over and over and expects different results.

So it's pretty easy to be normal. Next time your helmet is up and you aren't 100% comfortable one-handing the bars , come to a complete stop first and then do what you gotta do.

That's how it works man, baby steps while we're learning. I bet babies wish they could run at the age of two as well, but you gotta start with nothing but patience and determination.

You got this bro!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man! I just posted something on your FB yesterday about people riding a thousand cc asking you why the 300. It happened and lesson learned, it hurts but more important thing is you're ok. Post some pics and maybe we could pitch in ideas on how to restore it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dont sweat it its gonna happen at some point in time l. Dropped mine trying to wheelie after only riding a bike for a few days. lesson learned your wiser now dont let something like that keep you from riding

·
Registered
839 Posts
Clutch is an easy fix, aftermarket levers ;)
That's what I did

·
Registered
163 Posts
When you gear up, you should change your mental state. You aren't the same person that's driving a car or walking around. You have to ride at all speeds (especially including 0mph) with the utmost attention and confidence. If you're not confident enough to do something, don't do it (or don't do it so quickly). You're riding for yourself. Don't try to impress anyone else. Ride your ride.

+1 head straight first.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts