Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing how they work. If its anything like a car airbag that punches you in the face I wouldn't get it. Could puncture a lung or suffocate you. But I doubt they're that powerful. Idk. Interesting.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Actually several company's are developing airbags for riding suits. I know mostly about Dainese products, they have been using them in MotoGP for a while now. Whenever the rider comes off the bike or the bike go's down, the inflate in about 1/100 of a second or something like that. The airbags cover the upper torso (chest/sholders/upper back). One of the most common injuries in racing is a broken collar bone, and these have protected lots of riders. You can search youtube and finds lots of videos about these. When they inflate the rider looks like he "hulked out" for a few seconds, and then they deflate in maybe 10 seconds later I think. I'm not sure if their available for the consumer market yet, but if they were I'd definitely get one. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
ive seen videos on these things, i guess it would be ok, when you look at the jackets, and the diagrams for how they are made, they are probably just as comfortable as any other jacket, except there is a CO2 container somewhere, and the piping will inflate, pretty cool

·
Registered
323 Posts
If I was regularly canyon carving or a stunter or something I would consider it. I personally think it's too extreme. But then again, I'm the guy that said wearing full race leathers to go to the grocery store 3 miles away was extreme so my views are a little different than the majority in this particular forum.
I'm of the mind and experience that a decent riding jacket, helmet and boots is all I need for casual cruising around town. An ocean liner life preserver jacket isn't on my wish list. Not knocking anybody who does need one, I just don't

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I personally think it's too extreme. But then again, I'm the guy that said wearing full race leathers to go to the grocery store 3 miles away was extreme so my views are a little different than the majority in this particular forum.
Well, racing leathers isn't necessary for a short casual ride, but you're right in the sense I still think you should wear some kind of motorcycle jacket, gloves, and helmet.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yeah, kinda like the "safe" cord for the jetskis, you fall off it shuts off, but forget to unplug the suit once and everyone will laugh at you when you get off yer bike and "POOF" instant hulk! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.