Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, I have woodcraft rear sets on my ninja and it has been dropped on both sides unfortunately. Once by the previous owner, once by me. Both rear sets are now bent. And upon inspection of them when I remove them from the bike. They dont look bent in any way. There are small dents in the frame where the rear sets mount and I think the rear sets are made out of stronger material then the actual frame and might have dented the frame before the pegs. Has anyone who runs woodcraft rear sets experienced this? Thanks - Eli
White Leg Light Human body Automotive tire

·
Registered
622 Posts
The mounting areas are most likely deformed, and possibly starting to tear out.

Look closely at the area with the rearsets removed.

It's a common problem with all the small, steel framed, Ninjas if they have been dropped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, that's a sucks. Makes since tho since woodcraft uses a strong grade of aluminum. Almost better off running rear sets that are weaker then the actual frame. To prevent that from happening in the future

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have crashed my woodcraft rearsets, and they look totally straight still, just the peg is ground down...

Looks like you have a tweaked frame, or some other mounting issue... Strange how symmetrical your bendage is - almost looks unnaturally symmetrical, but the left does look pulled back a bit more.

I have a few times taken my rearsets off, and just cleaned and inspected all the parts, and regreased all the appropriate areas. I suggest you do the same. Either you will find that somehow you did bend the parts, or you'lll find that your bike frame is bent, or that the CFM stuff was just installed incorrectly.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts