Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I put my Woodcraft clipons with the 2 1/2" riser on my 300 and put some clipons without risers on my race bike. I need to shave the corners of the triple clamp to get a little more sweep out of them. I also dropped the forks flush with the triple clamp. Plenty of clearance all over.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't ridden it yet. Yesterday I was getting my race bike ready and loading up my RV. Raising the front won't change it much because I will also raise the rear. The advantage to using risers is being able to raise the front or even leaving it at stock height. In order to mount clipons without risers above the triple clamp you have to lower the front to have enough of the fork tube exposed to clamp on to. The biggest advantage to using clipons vs. stock bolt on handle bars is allowing the use of preload adjusters.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes it does clear it, the only thing I had to modify is the brake line. I had to use a big zip tie beacause it was interfering as I was trying to turn left. the brake line was hitting on the dashboard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yes it does clear it, the only thing I had to modify is the brake line. I had to use a big zip tie beacause it was interfering as I was trying to turn left. the brake line was hitting on the dashboard.
So just a quick zip tie, no modifying length or re-routing the line?

And did you have to modify the forks or triple tree at all?

·
Registered
49 Posts
can someone do a tutorial on installing this?
Also, is a clip on needed for preload adjusters?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you have to drill new holes onto the new bars?

·
Registered
66 Posts
can someone do a tutorial on installing this?
Also, is a clip on needed for preload adjusters?
There are tons of tutorials on how to install them just simple google it. And yes you need aftermarket clip ons to run adjusters, and to wander you third question, yes you need to drill holes in the new bars to set where you want your controls

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.