Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to store my bike for winter but can't find a batter tender or trickle charger that doesn't require being plugged into an outlet. I am storing my bike in a shed with no electricity and living in Norther NJ the tempuratures can get pretty low. Please advise!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am about to store my bike for winter but can't find a batter tender or trickle charger that doesn't require being plugged into an outlet. I am storing my bike in a shed with no electricity and living in Norther NJ the tempuratures can get pretty low. Please advise!
Put your motorcycle in the shed, remove the battery and stick it on a trickle charger at home.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Or, put the bike in your house / apartment / dwelling
this is not as crazy as it first sounds either. i know a number of people who do this with their motorcycle even here in tropical north Queensland where it doesn’t even snow

·
Registered
295 Posts
this is not as crazy as it first sounds either. i know a number of people who do this with their motorcycle even here in tropical north Queensland where it doesn’t even snow
I've done it once or twice myself... but here in the states it's actually illegal in some areas so you need to be cautious.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
All our guys, when they can, take out the batteries of all their bikes and store / charge inside. And put a piece of wood under them, if on the old concrete floor.

May be just a mental thing, but we like to keep them out of the bitter cold when possible

·
Registered
865 Posts
geta solar pwoered batter tender... northern tool sells em, but if you have the choice, take the batter out and keep in in your house on a real battery tender.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Delilah is coming into the basement for the winter (so Hubby can install all the cool stuff Santa is bringing her!!) but the other 3 we have all live in the shed without trickle chargers. Hubby just charges them a couple times through the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts