Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone know if the rear rims from a ninja 650 will fit the 300? Its a 17" -4.5 found some on ebay and if it fits might get it for my 300 for a wider look

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I would not recommend this. You're gonna add a lot of weight and rotating mass to a 35 HP bike. May as well just get a Ninja 650.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Some people ride a motorcycle just for the looks. Not for the handling of the bike. Look at the Harleys with the massive back tires.

I think we all know putting on large tires on a 300 will most likely lower handling performance along with making the bike slower than stock. But some of us like that and I see nothing wrong with that.

I personally would not do it. But to each his own.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, apparently the 650 has a 4.5" wide rear rim, while the 300 has a 4" wide rear rim.

Other things to consider: The Ninja 650's stock rear tire size is 160. Our Ninjas come with 140, but many have fitted 150 tires, and I think someone has already put a 160 on haven't they? Any bigger than that, I think you might run into clearance issues with the hugger or swingarm. Of course, I'm no engineer, so maybe someone else can confirm this?

That being said, I'll quote Spacep0d regarding the weight of the wheel, unless you have other reasons for wanting to fit the wider rim.

I'm interested in seeing how this pans out.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would not recommend this. You're gonna add a lot of weight and rotating mass to a 35 HP bike. May as well just get a Ninja 650.
Acording to Zaph, Ninja 300's rear wheel is so heavy that it's actually 3 lbs heavier than Triumph Daytona 675's rim with 180 tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts