Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this caliper would fit the 300 or if it will need a bracket making for it, does anyone know if it will fit straight on or if it needs a bracket and where you would find one. Hope you guys can help thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
the calipers are definitely different...now whether a 400's will fit on the 300, I don't know. Wouldn't it be easier to just find a 300 caliper? I can't see a market existing for a bracket that adapts a 400 caliper to a 300. You're not gaining much (if anything?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the calipers are definitely different...now whether a 400's will fit on the 300, I don't know. Wouldn't it be easier to just find a 300 caliper? I can't see a market existing for a bracket that adapts a 400 caliper to a 300. You're not gaining much (if anything?)
My stock caliper only grinds one side of the brake pads. Also there is a lot of resistance to the rear wheel moving really a poor designed caliper. Also finding an aftermarket caliper to fit the ninja 300 is really hard not seen any for the rear. Front ones there is many options I have the nissin caliper off a car 600 f4 on mine works really well for front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cbr600 f4 auto corrected me. I also will ad that I am aware that on older modules there was a recall on the bike for there calipers but mine is a 2016 moddle and there isn't a recall even know I have the same issues

·
Registered
409 Posts
Have your tried to pull the caliper apart, clean it, and maybe change the o-rings?

My N300 is 2013. It didn't have any recall on brake calipers. The bike has 15k miles. Never had a problem on the rear caliper. It's on its third set of pads I think.

Maybe you got a defective caliper? I'd try cleaning and checking first.
If that doesn't work, I'd replace it with an OEM take off from eBay.
Third option would be aftermarket or from a different bike.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, I second Topaz's advice. A caliper only using 1 of the 2 brake pads likely means your slide pins are bound up / corroded / rusted. Take the caliper off and disassemble, clean it up and lube it. You can also buy replacement slide pins very cheaply if yours are too far gone. Not a bad idea to take apart and clean/lube both front and rear calipers each year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I second Topaz's advice. A caliper only using 1 of the 2 brake pads likely means your slide pins are bound up / corroded / rusted. Take the caliper off and disassemble, clean it up and lube it. You can also buy replacement slide pins very cheaply if yours are too far gone. Not a bad idea to take apart and clean/lube both front and rear calipers each year.
Yes I could clean it just struggle to get those pistens out very tight I have heard you can pump the brakes if you place something in between the pads, otherwise you squirt dot 4 everywhere. Was thinking nissin rear caliper would look the part and easier to do matinance on than slide pin calipers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't bother taking my pistons out..my calipers are relatively clean and I don't ride in any type of bad weather / salt / slush,etc. My cleaning consists of pulling the pads, the anti rattle clip and the slide pins. Clean everything up, lube the slide pins and where the caliper contacts the back of the pads. I'd consider pulling the pistons part of a full rebuild job where you also replaces the seals, etc. ..but again, I don't have any idea of the condition of your calipers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts