Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I bought wifey the ninja 300 n so of course I had to sexy up her sexy girl. Installed pinkish wedge lights and got her a Delkevic 8' Mini Slip On. This thing is loud! I have an M4 full exhaust on my ZX6R and this thing is just as loud. Watch the video in full HD n with a head set to hear it better! This thing is ignorant and I like it! lol

http://youtu.be/D5FBPPrpNpc

http://youtu.be/pE-RiI1Yzt4

·
Registered
323 Posts
That second vid does it for me. I bought my wife the 300 as well. Plan on putting the LV Corsa CF on it. I was thinking of buying myself one when the 2014 models come out.

I been riding over 8 years all sorts of sport bikes. Did the whole 150MPH, lane splitting, drag racing, crazy balls out BS that comes with being young and dumb.

Figured the 300 would be a nice tame way to get back on two. I love the bike, it's fun to ride, looks good and all but I can't even do it man. I gotta have that inline 4. It's like fire going through my veins everytime I hear one.

I'm watching the above vids and thinking, "Man that Delk sounds good!" Then you start the 6 and I forgot all about the 300.

I'll wait till fall or early winter and find a gently used 600

Nice looking and sounding stable of ponies you got there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What made you pick the 8" mini over the DS70?

Any plan on using the baffle?
Hey Tony as you can see from my Zx6r Im more into the GP look nice small and tight. So I chose the smaller tighter looking Mini. I'm going to install the baffle and try to hear it and see what the difference is. Maybe its gonna sound tighter :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That second vid does it for me. I bought my wife the 300 as well. Plan on putting the LV Corsa CF on it. I was thinking of buying myself one when the 2014 models come out.

I been riding over 8 years all sorts of sport bikes. Did the whole 150MPH, lane splitting, drag racing, crazy balls out BS that comes with being young and dumb.

Figured the 300 would be a nice tame way to get back on two. I love the bike, it's fun to ride, looks good and all but I can't even do it man. I gotta have that inline 4. It's like fire going through my veins everytime I hear one.

I'm watching the above vids and thinking, "Man that Delk sounds good!" Then you start the 6 and I forgot all about the 300.

I'll wait till fall or early winter and find a gently used 600

Nice looking and sounding stable of ponies you got there!

Hahahah I totally understand you dude! I feel the same way I rode her lil Ninja and felt so confy n kinda fun and I got back on my beast and like Ricky Bobby I just wanna go fast!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hahahah I totally understand you dude! I feel the same way I rode her lil Ninja and felt so confy n kinda fun and I got back on my beast and like Ricky Bobby I just wanna go fast!!!!!!!:D
Exactly why I bought the 300. No incentive to go faster, it does that just good enough for my liking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What made you pick the 8" mini over the DS70?

Any plan on using the baffle?
umm yea so the baffle didn't do much sounds wise! its still loud but now I'm getting a lot of pops when I let go of the gas... :mad: I was planning on getting it tune sometime even tho its just a slip on but yea the baffle didn't do much smh

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yesterday I installed the DS70. Beautiful carbon fiber. Primal sound.
I used high temp flat black on strap before installing.

How did you like attaching the rubber to the strap?

How about finally securing the strap under the foot peg?

What are the pros/cons between these Delks and the Leo Vince corsa series? They seem to be around same price point and sound similar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yesterday I installed the DS70. Beautiful carbon fiber. Primal sound.
I used high temp flat black on strap before installing.

How did you like attaching the rubber to the strap?

How about finally securing the strap under the foot peg?

What are the pros/cons between these Delks and the Leo Vince corsa series? They seem to be around same price point and sound similar.
umm good idea on the flat black on the strap, and install was fairly easy. I didn't have any trouble at all with the strap. I was really impressed with the carbon fiber also looks real clean! About the Leos I cant comment on I simply never liked or had them. Im more into an aggressive style and when I heard this on a video I thought it sounded tough. So Pros are easy to install then again its just a slip on they all are, great looking pipe with the carbon doesn't look cheap at all. Looks tight and its not a super huge long pipe I personally dislike those pipes that go all the way to the back that look like the length of bat. Cons would be the loudness, but then I again I like to be seen an heard its safer. oh and if u want a racing kinda sound this isn't it. this sounds more like a muscle car. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wait a minute you have an 8foot exhaust!? Haha jk but you did put 8' instead of 8" in the title ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

hahah sorry I didn't even notice that yea its the 8" mini
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delkevic-Mini-8-Carbon-Fiber-Ninja-300-2013-Exhaust-Muffler-Sweet-Sound-/170946684879?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cd3767cf&vxp=mtr

I personally don't like the ds70 like I said I hate that super long look and ive dealt with $150 exhaust and barely made a difference I really hear a difference with this n I only spent $100 more

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wait a minute you have an 8foot exhaust!? Haha jk but you did put 8' instead of 8" in the title ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delkevic-Mini-8-Carbon-Fiber-Ninja-300-2013-Exhaust-Muffler-Sweet-Sound-/170946684879?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cd3767cf&vxp=mtr

I personally don't like the ds70 like I said I hate that super long look and ive dealt with $150 exhaust and barely made a difference I really hear a difference with this n I only spent $100 more

·
Registered
399 Posts

You're not talking about the ds70 being too long? Your mini is 8" and ds70 is 9". ds70 might be wider.

·
Registered
399 Posts
umm good idea on the flat black on the strap, and install was fairly easy. I didn't have any trouble at all with the strap. I was really impressed with the carbon fiber also looks real clean! About the Leos I cant comment on I simply never liked or had them. Im more into an aggressive style and when I heard this on a video I thought it sounded tough. So Pros are easy to install then again its just a slip on they all are, great looking pipe with the carbon doesn't look cheap at all. Looks tight and its not a super huge long pipe I personally dislike those pipes that go all the way to the back that look like the length of bat. Cons would be the loudness, but then I again I like to be seen an heard its safer. oh and if u want a racing kinda sound this isn't it. this sounds more like a muscle car. lol
Yes the carbon fiber is a work of art. The sound is medieval.

So it was easy for you to attach the rubber to the strap?
And you exerted no extra effort securing that strap? It seems the strap dictates where the can will sit (angled in or out). Maybe other slip ons are like that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts