Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend, my wife was heading out to an appointment and before she left I suggested she sit on the bike.(I've been trying to get her to take the MSF course) She sat on the bike and liked it wanted to start it so I showed her, and then she wanted to see what it felt like to move on the bike. I keep the bike on my back patio area which is small, so this was a bad idea from the start. I was so excited that she wanted to try it that my eyes went blind and I encouraged her to try it. She didn't even have a helmet on, I was so stupid for letting her do this. Anyway she moved a little bit and then got close to the fence and tried to stop it and after it stopped she love the bike to her right side and it tipped. She braced it pretty good so it didn't fall much and she isnt hurt. The damage wasn't too bad as you will see from the pictures below. The branch handle is scratched and bent, the handle bar end got scraped, the windshield got a scraped. the side turn signal light got scraped, the bank sensor broke off and the foot petal scrapped a little. Also the fairing go some light scratches and a couple of small chips. The last thing that got hit was the exhaust. I didn't even notice until I cleaned off the rust the next day.

I've managed to fix the right turn light really good, and I got the windshield looking pretty good too, but that is still a work in progress. I got some black spray paint to paint the handle bar end and the brake lever(after I bend it back). I got the faring to the point where if light is shinning on it, you can't see any damage, and when its in a shadow, you have to really look.

The questions I have are, is there any way to stand the exhaust down? What should I use? Also, the fairing isn't bad, but those two small chips bother me, is buying a color rite pen worth it? Will it fix it you think? Thanks everyone! Ill be posting the pics from my phone.

I'd like to add that if I look very closely at the fender, i can see sand paper swirls(when I was trying to fix it) any recommendation for fixing this?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I've been letting my lady learn on my bike. Only had 2 sessions so far with just clutch control. I get so nervous letting her ride it as she stands on her tip toes to hold it up that I end up kicking her off the bike after a minute. Told her to take the MSF course and drop their bike before she hurts mine!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
One of our guys washed his bike and went inside to grab a towel to dry.
Wife raised garage door and backed all over it.... virtually on it, with their Toyota Four Runner. Needless to say, no Bliss was there for a while and couldnt understand why he was so upset.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wife raised garage door and backed all over it.... virtually on it, with their Toyota Four Runner. Needless to say, no Bliss was there for a while and couldnt understand why he was so upset.

After that she would have been my Ex-Wife. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha! I'm actually glad the weather has been bad all week because I don't want to take my bike to work for this very reason! The wife dropping the bike is a classic excuse but its true! Maybe I should make her do a YouTube video confessing her crimes! My internet rep is at stake here!!!! LOL And no I wouldn't make her my ex wife over this, it's actually my fault. That was really her first time on a bike as far as learning the different controls and what not. I should of never let her try to idle forward without giving her more feel for the bike controls and the weight on each foot. I got blinded because I was so excited she was interested in it.

·
Banned
562 Posts
ok my recommendations

Windshield : plastidip
Levers : pazzo or the generic chinese shorty ones (you can bling them too)
Bar end : buff it after sanding it with very fine sandpaper 1k grit at least
scratches on fairing : leave them as reminder for what happens when wife sits on bike
exhaust : akrapovic slip on

there u go fixed and better than new :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want to keep the exhaust, you can just use 220 grit sandpaper to clean up the heat shield. Just sand in the same direction of the existing grain...similar to brush matching a delorean. Or just paint it black like the zx-6...that's what i did.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yeah man, by allowing someone else to get on your bike, YOU are taking responsibility for that person operating your bike!

I am not sure which I am more terrified about when my lady gets on my bike... her getting hurt or the bike getting hurt! Either one is very expensive! I told her she needs to wait and just take the MSF course lol.

·
Registered
733 Posts
LOL And no I wouldn't make her my ex wife over this, it's actually my fault. That was really her first time on a bike as far as learning the different controls and what not. I should of never let her try to idle forward without giving her more feel for the bike controls and the weight on each foot. I got blinded because I was so excited she was interested in it.
Lol over droping the bike I wouldn't either, but if she ran it over thats a different story.

·
Registered
31 Posts

:eek: Thanks God im not married nor have a gf, I knew there was a reason why I was single haha

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts

I'd have to agree... I'd flip out... Why would you back out of a garage, or ANYWHERE like that to the point of actually hitting something and being on TOP of it? That's irresponsible! What if a PERSON was there and you hit them? No matter what, when I back up I do it slow as hell.

·
Banned
562 Posts
I'd have to agree... I'd flip out... Why would you back out of a garage, or ANYWHERE like that to the point of actually hitting something and being on TOP of it? That's irresponsible! What if a PERSON was there and you hit them? No matter what, when I back up I do it slow as hell.
i agree..
at some point u have to feel the hit and a 4 runner is not a hummer
u can use brakes to stop it
that just sux she would be buying a new bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts