Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into motorcycles too late this year as I am realizing.

I have researched the Ninja 300 extensively in my local area of Long Island NY and have found the following to be true.

1) Anybody who has a white (non ABS) Ninja 300 is not selling it for anything less than $6500 OTD. The SE ABS is well north of 7K :eek:

2) Used bikes I've seen online are sold immediately for close to 6k.

3) The dealers, if they are willing to come down with negotiating at all, have worn me out. In the interest of keep my sanity I've given up.

As much as I love the look of the 300, I think I'm gonna get a used 250 for this season and try to grab a 300 in the winter.

It's not like I can't afford the 6500, it's just I can't bring myself to pay that much over MSRP and not feel like I've been sexually assaulted by my neighborhood dealership.

·
Banned
277 Posts
That sucks. I'd sell mine for $6k if I knew people were dumb enough to pay it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
...It's not like I can't afford the 6500, it's just I can't bring myself to pay that much over MSRP and not feel like I've been sexually assaulted by my neighborhood dealership.

This made me laugh, thank you. I can totally see your point of view. Besides, there isn't anything wrong with being froogle.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Depends on supply and demand I suppose, and it is spring. People might be less patient in states where riding days are numbered. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Depends on supply and demand I suppose, and it is spring. People might be less patient in states where riding days are numbered. Good luck to ya.
HI!

You don't know me, but you are a big reason why I want the 300!

I saw one of your YouTube video a while back and fell in love with the astranaut theme complete with the JPL stickers. I live nowhere near you so you don't have to worry about running into me, but I am totally copying your get-up once I get a bike.

Drive down to PA or DE
Pick one up for the sticker Price and bring it home.

None of the Dealers in my area have them marked up
I don't want to ride the interstate just yet. Still learning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in NY and i got quoted 5583.74 OTD with gear... so your getting jipped. and thats before they nock off an extra 200 for not having my color!
and Spacp0d love yor vids.. was just watching one!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in NY and i got quoted 5583.74 OTD with gear... so your getting jipped. and thats before they nock off an extra 200 for not having my color!
What dealership? I've gone to and called over a dozen places and they either don't have it or the price is jacked up.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Try Town & Country in Hamburg, NJ 973-875-2111. Tell them Jim E. referred you. I'm a long time customer and got their first 300 last year. Under an hour from GWB. You are getting the run around out there on the island. :cool:

·
Registered
865 Posts
But srsly, as Ive said in your other post, its long island lol everyhting expensive there, has nothing to do with supply and demand. its just mark up in the area prob due to livign expenses rent, gas shipping etc. and the prestige of the area.

Travel inland out of the city a bit and you'll geta good price, trailer it back to long island and you'll be set.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you gone to Cross Bay Motors in Bayshore by the South Shore Mall. They did right by me.

Sent from my zt180 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got into motorcycles too late this year as I am realizing.

I have researched the Ninja 300 extensively in my local area of Long Island NY and have found the following to be true.

1) Anybody who has a white (non ABS) Ninja 300 is not selling it for anything less than $6500 OTD. The SE ABS is well north of 7K :eek:

2) Used bikes I've seen online are sold immediately for close to 6k.

3) The dealers, if they are willing to come down with negotiating at all, have worn me out. In the interest of keep my sanity I've given up.

As much as I love the look of the 300, I think I'm gonna get a used 250 for this season and try to grab a 300 in the winter.

It's not like I can't afford the 6500, it's just I can't bring myself to pay that much over MSRP and not feel like I've been sexually assaulted by my neighborhood dealership.
I bought my SE non/abs from Riverhead Kawasaki last month for under $6000 out the door. I live in Medford, NY

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had to travel an hour and a half on public transport to get my bike, was well worth it. Bikes always cost an arm and a leg in big city areas. Maybe venture out a bit or call up dealers out of the big city area?
Either way the 250 is an excellent bike, considering selling the 300 and getting back on the 250 at the moment!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think I'm gonna get a used 250 for this season and try to grab a 300 in the winter.
Not that I don't know anything about how bikes are priced over where you live, but I'm assuming you'll be taking into account the 250's depreciation, which to me sounds like it would offset the discount you'll receive on the 300 come Winter time?

If I were you, I'd probably get a really cheap bike like a used CBR125/R15, because that minimises your sunk and opportunity costs, and it'd be more fun jumping on a 300 after 6 months of riding around a bike half its size lol.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
HI!

You don't know me, but you are a big reason why I want the 300!

I saw one of your YouTube video a while back and fell in love with the astranaut theme complete with the JPL stickers. I live nowhere near you so you don't have to worry about running into me, but I am totally copying your get-up once I get a bike.
Hi Amen!

Well thank you! Glad to hear that. And yesh, if you're so inspired, copy-away. I freely-admit, I got the idea from the space-program. :D I think I was the first one to do it. Maybe! Had the idea in 2005.

Thanks for watching too, I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Thank you, and thanks for watching! More 300 videos coming soon, featuring the first Flash-Tune ECU for the Ninja 300 and a rundown of my Woodcraft Clip-on installation! :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts