Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think people are still somewhat surprised to see a woman riding a motorcycle, especially a sportbike. I think it's great that more women are riding....and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Define CRAZY REACTION and FREAK OUT, please. In what way, exactly?

Or do you mean there shouldn't be a reaction at all, because "Who cares if it's a female or male rider?"

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
i get crazy reations when they see me on a ninja. why???
Oh, it's not just you. Try being a 50 year old woman on a sport bike. Even with Ana Carrasco winning the championship, we're still a novelty. It's getting better, though and as the younger riders come up the ranks, it will be much more widely accepted that we can, in fact, ride a sport bike.

Welcome to the forum and if you need anything, let me know.

~Rogue

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 50 and I prefer the smaller sport bikes, I have a 2017 Ninja 300 white and black.. Great handling ability and enough power to not get killed on, who cares what reaction we get.. It's freedom on the open road.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
I'm 50 and I prefer the smaller sport bikes, I have a 2017 Ninja 300 white and black.. Great handling ability and enough power to not get killed on, who cares what reaction we get.. It's freedom on the open road.
51, same bike, same year :D
So... what we're saying here is that the Ninja 300 is quite popular with 50-something women. We should start a club! An AARP card could be mandatory, as would be the no judging when one us sporadically whips over to the side of the road to combat hot flashes by splashing water down the inside of her jacket. 😄

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it has a great deal to do with the novelty factor: it's just not something people see everyday. Let's face it, for good or ill, 95% of women you see on bikes are riding on the backseat of a cruiser.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
freak out. being that I should ride or i should be on the back. sorry i been a back warmer for years. crazy reaction is wow girls on bikes humm can you control it? I just see it if a guy is on it so can I. I think it funny when i get weird looks when i ride around. i posed the question to see what others get. i feel i have to place a sticker on my helmet just to let people know a chic is riding. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So... what we're saying here is that the Ninja 300 is quite popular with 50-something women. We should start a club! An AARP card could be mandatory, as would be the no judging when one us sporadically whips over to the side of the road to combat hot flashes by splashing water down the inside of her jacket. 😄
Roflmao. what we call this.... Smokin beotches

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have some female riding friends, we are all over 60. We call ourselves the "PMBBs" (Post-Menopausal Biker Babes). My friends all ride Harleys, I have my beloved Ninja 300 and a Harley Softail. We ride year-round (Arizona) and I often take the Ninja when we ride together. It depends on where we are going. If there are any twisties, I take the Ninja. That way, I can arrive at our destination first. . . 😂

·
Registered
142 Posts
53 year-old homeschool mom, just traded my 2017 NINJA 300 ABS KRT (with 14,224 miles on it in a year and a half--NOBODY puts 14,224 miles on a 300 in a year and a half--except me!!😀) for a new 2018 NINJA 650 ABS KRT; the bike before the 300 was a green 2015 NINJA 1000 ABS--AND I happen to be a RiderCoach! I would say the average ratio of men:women in my classes is 60:40. More and more "Ladies Only" classes are being offered as well. OP, have you taken a BRC yet?

Rogue is coming down this spring to join me for the inaugural Ozarks Hot Flash 500!🏍🏍🏍

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bazininja....at least you won't have to change your forum name! If you don't mind me asking..what kind of money does a used, 14K mile Ninja 300 bring on trade against a new 650? I can't imagine our bikes are too valuable on trade (?)

What made you decide to change bikes?...and what are your impressions of the new bike?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd never trade in a bike...especially a 300. I'm guessing it has a wholesale or trade value of about $1000 ($1500 if we're lucky). My first job out of college many years ago (like many of the ladies in this thread, I'm also 53) was selling cars so I'm very familiar with the wholesale vs retail value of vehicles. Always sell it privately if possible.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bazininja....at least you won't have to change your forum name! If you don't mind me asking..what kind of money does a used, 14K mile Ninja 300 bring on trade against a new 650? I can't imagine our bikes are too valuable on trade (?)

What made you decide to change bikes?...and what are your impressions of the new bike?
Actually, I DID trade it in! With all this, plus all the stock parts:
  • National Cycles VStream Tall Touring Windscreen
  • Akrapovic slip-on muffler
  • Muffler protector
  • Kawi OEM frame sliders
  • MFW Vario peg lowers
  • Denali DX Extreme Spot Dual Intensity LED lights
  • Eastern Beaver PC-8 fuse block
  • Custom green seat
  • Givi 3D600 Easylock saddlebags and mounts with custom graphics
  • Custom Kawi green graphics: tank protector, sidebags and “3000”
  • Dunlop Q3+ tires, new 12/22/2019
I got an incredible $3500!!! I was going to sell it to my "adopted son" for that, if he could've afforded it. I kept the top case and any other farkles that I could reuse or resell. I also had $500 in "Kawi Kash" toward a new 650, courtesy of the Kawi booth at the St. Louis MC show. The bike is a new 2018 that was marked down to $5995. No way I was going to pass that up!!! A year from now, my 300 would've had 30,000 miles on it and wouldn't have been worth squat. 30,000 miles on a 300 isn't the same as 30,000 miles on a Goldwing. I have an additional $2K or so in farkles to make it do what I need it to do.
Because I do so much highway traveling, I decided I needed a little more oomph. A windy day like today and/or some serious hills, and I was WOT doing maybe 75. That doesn't leave any extra to get away from an idiot, so that's a potential safety issue. I also really missed having hard side bags. The ones I bought don't fit the 300, but do fit the 650. It fits me better in that I don't need to lower the pegs, but I can reach the ground just fine, and it's only about 42 lbs heavier than the 300. And so far my mpg is the same as the 300!
Now that the 650 has had a lobotomy (It seems the factory put a California ECU in my 49-state bike), I had the preload lowered a notch, and my gorgeous new bags are on (giving me a total of, count them, 121 liters of storage!!!), it handles GREAT and FEELS like it's MY bike!!! I put 216 miles on it today; total miles 593, so sheldon 4 is officially broken in and will be getting his first oil change after a trip to the gas station! I'll post a pic soon; I'm too tired to get it off my phone because I've been awake since 3:30 am ,all excited to go ride today after getting my bike back from the shop yesterday!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts