Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's been to the tack with their 300 so far? Mid January probably isn't a good time for most.. But if you have, what was your experience with the 300 like? Comparable to 250r or comparable to 600?

· Registered
761 Posts
So who's been to the tack with their 300 so far? Mid January probably isn't a good time for most.. But if you have, what was your experience with the 300 like? Comparable to 250r or comparable to 600?
Do you plan to hit the track?

· Premium Member
346 Posts
First track outing with the 300 will probably be late June. It's very rainy prior to then, and don't want a wash-out my first track day.

· Track Whore
742 Posts
If you want to go to the track NESBA has a track day scheduled at NJMP March 31st, and April 1st. My first track day of the year will probably be Barber on April 14-15th or with California Superbike School in late March or early April.

· Registered
761 Posts
No not yet, just curious. I need a couple years on the road first then I'd like to get a 250r track bike sometime in the future. I wanted to start a new "track" thread because not much activity
Might I suggest an ARS class. Advanced Riding School will give you a structured classroom setting, along with "supervised" track time, where control riders/instructors will lead and follow you around the track, and give you tips/feedback.
One of these will pay HUGE dividends on your confidence, and skills.

Reactions: JerzKawiKid

· Premium Member
1,159 Posts
A local customer was by yesterday and said he plans on going to CMP in March and would keep us posted as he had a 250R.

One of our guys said he may dig out his wife's old VTR250 and go play too..

· Registered
10 Posts
No not yet, just curious. I need a couple years on the road first then I'd like to get a 250r track bike sometime in the future. I wanted to start a new "track" thread because not much activity

I went to the track for a playday my first summer riding, helped my street riding incredibly. I'm taking official race school this summer.....riding since May 2012. :D

· Registered
270 Posts
I'm going on Monday with her. I don't have my 600 ready yet (waiting for parts) but I'd still like to get a little seat time in. I am throwing some better rubber on before I hit the track though. I'm curious to how much slower it will be than by other bike. The track I am going to is fairly tight to I think the 300 should do alright.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going on Monday with her. I don't have my 600 ready yet (waiting for parts) but I'd still like to get a little seat time in. I am throwing some better rubber on before I hit the track though. I'm curious to how much slower it will be than by other bike. The track I am going to is fairly tight to I think the 300 should do alright.
What tires you going with?

· Premium Member
346 Posts
My 300 should be hitting her first track day May 5th as long as the track is ready by then

· Registered
7 Posts
I've had the three hundred out for two track days this year and it's definitely not closer to the 600 side of things. Fun little bike but stock suspension is a little un-nerving at speed and without aftermarket rear-sets lean angle is very limited. I believe I started having problems holding my lines north of 85mph in the corners but I also tip the scales at about 240 with gear on.
Tires were the BridgeStone BT-003's front and rear 110/140 and Woodcraft clip-on's.
Just installed full exhaust, 07 gsxr rear shock, racetech front springs and emulators, area-p micro fuel tuner, and waiting on some rear-sets. Should be back out at chuckwalla in April so I'll try to remember to report back.
And for reference, at Streets of Willow I was able to keep up with and pass must of the bigger bikes but not so much luck at chuckwalla. With the recent upgrades I'm pretty excit to get back out and try to run down or hang with the big bikes.

· Registered
761 Posts
Might I suggest an ARS class. Advanced Riding School will give you a structured classroom setting, along with "supervised" track time, where control riders/instructors will lead and follow you around the track, and give you tips/feedback.
One of these will pay HUGE dividends on your confidence, and skills.
Had my 1st ARS of the year, on my R6, yesterday.

· Registered
7 Posts
Had the stock 300 on the track. 600 will drag race you to the corners and then park themselves in front of you in the corners. When the corner is clear you can put the bike exactly where you want. I've done many track days on track prepped 600's, the 300 was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the the next track day.

· Banned
679 Posts
Had the stock 300 on the track. 600 will drag race you to the corners and then park themselves in front of you in the corners. When the corner is clear you can put the bike exactly where you want. I've done many track days on track prepped 600's, the 300 was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the the next track day.
That's funny cause I say that about ducatis and 1000's all the time lol

· Banned
51 Posts
First track day (with any bike) with my 300

Rode the little beast from Little Rock, AR to Decatur, TX (and back again) to take a RideSmart course at Eagles Canyon Raceway.

Some observations:
1. The bike is perfect for someone like me who is just starting the track thing. I don't have to worry about holding people up because almost everyone else was on 600s and liter bikes. I could keep it wide open and the faster guys still went right on by in the straights.

2. The bike will take everything and still keep settled. Very forgiving too. A couple of times, I would go into a corner a little hot and the bike just gave a little shake, slapped me on the hand to remind me not to do it again and settled right back in.

3. The brakes are fantastic! This is a 2.5 mile track with 2 fairly long and one very long straight. The brakes never indicated fade and stopped the little beast with no issues. Love the brakes on this bike.

4. The stock tires are also very nice. Had a couple of rear tire slides, but nothing extreme and was my fault (still working on better body positioning). Overall, I had no issues with the tires.

5. This bike is better suited for a small track, but I still managed to pass several 600s and liter bikes because of higher corner exit speeds (even passed a few on the outside of corners (when we were allowed to do that).

6. The mods I made (full Yoshi, Area P, Woodcraft Clipons) really helped. Even the 600s weren't just leaving me badly on the straights. The two things I need to do next though are critical (at least for me). The stock levers suck (need to be able to adjust the slack in that clutch lever) and the stock rearsets are too low. On a couple of the positive camber corners, I was dragging my toes despite trying my best to pick my feet up and back.

Overall, I love this bike. Plenty enough power to have a blast and such a beast in the handling department.

Ride videos here -
A short clip of my first day there -

One of my better laps (of the ones I have reviewed) -

Will get more videos up later (still haven't gone through most of them).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.