Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

lost my temp tag on the way...lol!

30 second lightroom edits to make the sky look blue!!! alright!

did 160 miles worth of driving..butt hurt a little bit and i was a little cold (summer gloves/boots/jeans/leather jacket) in the 40-50degree weather. bike got decent gas mileage. my friends left me at a yellow light so i figured out the top speed of the bike with me on her catching up to them...114 on the speedo going downhill lol. at 200 lbs and with decent crosswind i couldn't get over 105 on flat ground.

notes:
need ear plugs or earbuds for music because the highway is noisy at 80mph even with a shoei qwest.

gas mileage was pretty decent. around 55 and i was traveling at a high speed following my friends most of the way.

butt hurt - need softer seat

leg room - legs felt a little cramped after an hour...looking into adjustable rearsets now

other than that it was fun! bike held up well and it was kind of fun navigating 4 lane traffic for that long

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you rode down to Galveston, I'm not sure it counts as a beach. But it is nice to be able to get out and ride even in late December.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you rode down to Galveston, I'm not sure it counts as a beach. But it is nice to be able to get out and ride even in late December.
lol why not? you can do my favorite activity there, skim boarding! there were even some crazies out surfing in the cold haha.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cool pics. I was going to go riding this weekend too but I got sick and need to get better before I ride again. It hasn't rain much here and it was sunny. But the way I feel I rather not risk it lol.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I've been riding mine all around. I plan to use this bike as a daily commute to work, except for rainy days, and have been doing such, even with temps in the 20s (virginia). Took it out to Knotts Island this weekend and it wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nice. Yesterday it rained here in New Braunfels, TX so I didn't ride even though it was 65F or so. First time in several weeks I couldn't get out on a bike. It is expected to be sunny later today and a little windy, so the pavement should dry up by noon. I don't ride in the rain unless it sneaks up on me when I'm already out. I don't like to get my babies wet and kick up dirt into their nether parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.