Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i like the yoshimura look more than the area-p. But the area-p might be a better performer. I'm not really sure yoshimura do extensive testing on some of their products like area-p.

I regret getting the yoshi sliders after reading about crash experience from forum members. Makes me think they are just making stuff and not really testing them properly.

I chose the yoshi full systems because of this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxCitVYdcU

·
Registered
996 Posts
I love my yoshi full exhaust. Spacep0d has dyno tested his bike at 40.something hp so you know the full exhaust performs, I don't know of anyone with dyno proof of any other full system (not manufacturer dyno sheets). It sounds amazing without being obnoxious.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depends on what you are after.

Personally, I find that the Yoshimura exhaust videos sound great with my M-Audio BX8 studio monitors. The drop-in sound baffle is a great addition when I need to ride out of my apartment garage at 3am for a quick joy ride without poor drivers on the road (still sounds great without that strange rattle/high pitch sound that plagues so many systems).

The carbon fiber and black bike or stainless steel with white bike combo greatly appeals to me.

The added ~3 HP is also welcomed. SpaceP0d's tuned ECU seems to provide an additional ~2 HP on top of that. Being new to motorcycling, I may forego and exhaust, instead upgrade to a bigger bike if only for the experience.

-td

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I could find one I would get a leo vince corsa GP. There was a video on youtube that tested the leo vince, the yosh, and an m4. The leo was the lightest and had the best power gains. I think the name of the website was ninja250 racer, and yes the exhaust they were reviewing were for the 300 not the 250.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i wanted the area p ultra high. looks sick. but settled on hindle cause its local

·
Registered
996 Posts
I wanted a Leo Vince corsa gp as well, but couldn't find one (they went out of business) so I just got the yoshi r-77 full system and I couldn't be happier. It's really aggressive sounding, especially when you rev it up high at full throttle, but it isn't annoyingly loud or drone-y. Plus it gives the bike noticeably more pep when installed with a tuner. And the carbon fiber looks great on my white and black bike.

·
Registered
996 Posts
None of the high pitched nuisances at upper RPM range as I have suspected? Most videos only went up to 9000-10,000 RPMs.
What type of noises are you talking about? Whining/buzzing? All I hear is a sweet sweet roar all the way up to 12.5k

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Area-P high mount for performance.

Yoshimura R77 for performance and killer looks.

Unfortunately, Area-P has a wealth of information, knowledge and experience with these small capacity bikes........but their exhaust systems still have a little ways to go in the aesthetic department.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What type of noises are you talking about? Whining/buzzing? All I hear is a sweet sweet roar all the way up to 12.5k
When listening to youtube videos of various exhaust systems, I will only use the best video quality as well as my M-Audio BX8 speakers for accurate sound.

EDIT:
My speakers will only go down to 30Hz though, so I'm not catching anything that a subwoofer would catch. Although, I doubt anyone has a camera that is capable of recording such low frequencies.

It seems all other exhaust systems tend to have a higher pitched sound towards the higher power band, instead of the sweet deep notes of the Yoshi throughout the entire RPM band. Mind you, I've only checked out the Ninja 300 videos. This is the reason the Yoshi sits on the top of my list should I plan to keep the bike longer than 1 season; the added power is definitely secondary. I mean, who am I really going to be racing anyways?

It's rare to hear/read about the sounds that are produced throughout the entire power-band. It's always, "it sounds so much sweeter" or "I've got so much more power".... Ever hear some Honda Civics "race" by with smaller cans that produce the higher notes of a teenage boy's soprano chords?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Any opinions on the two brothers black edition? I'm torn between yoshi and two brothers.
Just checked out some videos..
The two brothers exhaust sounds very loud and decent, but I still like the smoothness of the Yoshi. If you have a pair of good headphones that go down to 20-30 Hz, I'd recommend listening to 1080p/720p quality (nothing less).

Like audio speakers, sound is very subjective since everyone's ear listens for certain things. I've managed to hit up some clubs during my college days, so my hearing isn't exactly pristine. Therefore, an exhaust system that sounds good to me may not sound good to you.

I have always preferred the deep and smooth notes of any exhaust system. No pops, smooth delivery during idle and up the powerband, ... I also prefer a drive by recording for more realistic sounds.

I'm also NOT looking for obnoxious systems where I draw too much attention from bystanders and cops. Too much heat from cops waiting to catch me when I'm not looking during one of my heavy foot/hand rides isn't a good thing. The sound baffle also appeals to me since I ride at night and live in an apartment complex.

So my priorities were: (1) included tool-less drop-in sound baffle, (2) sweet notes through the RPM ranges, (3) sweet tone during idle, and (4) sweet looks against my black (ebony...) ninja.

==== Yoshimura ====
The following videos sound pretty smooth to me.

2' 30'' marks the drive by.

Poppy/pulsating during idle, but he may not have warmed up the engine since the idle RPM is at 1,600 instead of 1,300-1,500.

==== Two Brothers ====
The following video does not sound smooth. It sounds like a wave cresting. Or an electrical pulse. The deeper notes sound pretty nice though. I also dislike the pop when the throttle was released (excess gases, I think; much like a car's Turbo engine using a Boost Valve instead of a Divertor Valve).

Too much wind distortions here to really tell how it sounds as it passes by a person.

Higher pitch...

Ultimately, use or borrow a set of quality cans to listen to some cans! ;-)

Pick up the system that sounds good and looks good to you, then ride away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.