Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Co worker let me take his 1000r for a spin and I let him take my 300 around too. The liter bike is so torquey it's crazy. Felt good but quite a bit heavier and less nimble than my bike. I'd keep mine over his for awhile at least haha.

His comments on the 300 were wow it's faster than my old 500 and it is so easy to flick around! He went with a 1000 for easier cruising on the highway(heavier and less affected by wind) but he said the 300 felt great.

i think the 300 looks better too :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Agreed! that liter bike, even though it's not in ZX class, are more for cruising and touring, not a daily ride. This baby Ninja is more than enough as a daily bike. Install some FS/SO exhaust and ur good to go! :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
phrenetiK your bike looks almost identical to mine, minus the sticker haha

Same exhaust, same cowl, same rear sets, same deleted rear pegs, same headlights, and a fender delete kit..

I got a bunch of small crap that would look different pup close but in this pic its SO similar haha..

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
My lady is looking for a bike and we've been sitting on the rebel and vstar and whatnot, and while I wouldn't downgrade to a 250 cruiser, I am just noticing how much more comfortable they are to be on. I love riding my sportbike and it's probably a hella lot more fun and we can do more, but for a nice long ride, a cruiser would be better IMO.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Never know til you try. It may be more comfortable for me since I have lower back + neck damage, being able to sit back/up and look straight than lean forward and look up. Looking up, even just sitting at work and looking up at the monitor, hurts my neck severely and causes headaches. I have to sit back in my chair and keep my neck straight to avoid it.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Straight up is dirt/sumoto style and very, very good. Cruisers put you in a laid back slouch, with a lot of weight on your tailbone. Great for watchin TV in a supportive chair, not great for applying weight to the bike to steer or managing wind or momentum. Would you wrestle someone in that position? :eek:

The "real" sport bikes are full forward, also not great for comfort, meant to put aerodynamics into play at high speeds.

·
Banned
562 Posts
the 1k is nice but between the 2 I say the 300
now between a 300 and 650r I say get the 650r
just my 2c

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
why wouldnt you want a 1000r vs your 650r? sounds a bit biased lmao

IMO i'd take a 1000r over a 650r all day. but i would take a zx6r over a zx10r.

a 650r is a fat pig without enough substantial power to warrant it over a 300. if im getting a touring sportbike id want the benefits the 1000 offers over a 650.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
why wouldnt you want a 1000r vs your 650r? sounds a bit biased lmao

IMO i'd take a 1000r over a 650r all day. but i would take a zx6r over a zx10r.

a 650r is a fat pig without enough substantial power to warrant it over a 300. if im getting a touring sportbike id want the benefits the 1000 offers over a 650.
Aren't all HONEST opinions biased?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
If you have an opinion on something, wouldn't it be biased on what your feelings are for the subject?

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

Just making conversation and talking about nothing. I'm bored at work.

But yea IDK why you'd pick a 650r over a 1k.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I read your sentence differently and get what you mean. In his mind it his honest opinion. It's just that his opinion is not based on anything besides the fact that it stems from the mentality that *whatever decisions or purchases I make are best* not oh i tried out both and x is better than y because z.

·
Banned
562 Posts
actually I have tried all 3 and own 2 of them I think a 1k is oveekill. my 650 is not a fat pig however the structural rigidity makes it superior on the highway. everywhere else the 300 trps it. I like the ninja 1000 b I t the question was which would I pick. so just because I dont need a liter bike to gwt my juices goong does not mean my opinion is invalid

·
Banned
562 Posts
I read your sentence differently and get what you mean. In his mind it his honest opinion. It's just that his opinion is not based on anything besides the fact that it stems from the mentality that *whatever decisions or purchases I make are best* not oh i tried out both and x is better than y because z.
I never said my choices are best ad I have tried all 3. I own 2 so maybe I might know what im talking about

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.