Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I bought a TAPPLite USB charger and hooked it up, and a handlebar-mounted iPhone case. I have the USB hooked up in a good spot and it works fine, however I have no clue where to put my iPhone mount, I could always buy another type of mount for it, however I'm clueless on where it would go. Does anyone have any phone mounts on their bike? If so could you give some suggestions? I want to be able to use the GPS feature on my iPhone while going far, the main reason I got this stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ive had some luck with those suction cup car mounts on the gas tank, it works for city driving but I wouldn't trust it on the freeway or anywhere that Im going to be leaning the bike aggressively. Some come with an additional sticky pad (like 3m) and I assume that would hold, I've just never tried it.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had some luck with those suction cup car mounts on the gas tank, it works for city driving but I wouldn't trust it on the freeway or anywhere that Im going to be leaning the bike aggressively. Some come with an additional sticky pad (like 3m) and I assume that would hold, I've just never tried it.
I guess a sticky mount would work, didn't really think about any of that lol. I have a GoPro mount on the gas tank, so I could put another one in front of the round part.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you are going to do a sticky mount, why not do it on the brake res. ? you could leave a couple of little holes to make the screws removable and have a fairly large surface to mount something with a velcro pad that size.

Or do like some other folks and mount a ball in the mirror hole.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just purchased the Ram mount kit with the following parts from http://www.mountguys.com

The total price was around $71 shipped to Australia where the official Ram website was around $85 shipped. Good price for those wanting to purchase out of the u.s

The unused mirror hole thread is a M10 X 1.25 pitch, which was confirmed by my local Kawasaki dealer service tech.

RAM-HOL-UN7BU : X-GRIP UNIVERSAL HOLDER WITH 1" BALL
RAM-B-201U-A : RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
RAM-B-349U : RAM BASE WITH M10 X 1.25 PITCH & 1" BALL

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a Lifeproof case on my iPhone and Lifeproof makes a bike/motorcycle mount specifically for the case. Fits very secure! Even has a lock where your phone won't fall out.

Where I put the mount: I moved my brake lever as far over to the left as possible and the clip for the mount fits perfect to the right of the brake lever. I like having it on the right side so if I am stopped at a long light, I can look at the GPS or whatnot. It hovers directly over the kill switch. You can move it horizontal or vertical.

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/iphone-4s-4/accessories/bike-mount/

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have have a new head stem bolt which when i find time, im going to drill out and tap a hole for a m8 ram mount ball to screw into then mound off there

Atm i have the same thing as BenL

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Loosen up the brake reservoir on the right handlebar and slide the reservoir clamp over to make room for your iphone mount.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Rekognize, Can you confirm that the mirror hole is M8-1.25 ? There is conflicting info on this forum as to this size or M10-1.25.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts