Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone who had Ninja 300 .

I want to buy and install Yoshimura slip on , but cant find any shop who can do that for me in my city ( Fairfield CA ) , because they charged $700 for everything , damn expensive :mad:

I was looking on Market place on our forums , and make a call for few question but none of them answer ( voicemail and cant accept with private number :confused::confused: ) , that why I'm scare little bit :(

Anyone who using Yoshi slip on , can you guys help me where can I order and how can I install that ? Can I do that my self or need to bring to the shop ?

Thank you very much :cool:

P/s : I'm new rider and sorry if my English not good :cool:

·
Banned
39 Posts
I'm sort off new myself but I'm from California and I believe that company reside in ca... Also I saw some aftermarket exhaust at my dealer and since I bought my bike from them they giving a discount. I saw a couple of YouTube video and installing a slip on looks pretty easy, good luck

·
Registered
630 Posts
Don't pay someone to install it, it's the simplest thing to do!

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's really easy to do, just a bolt on job. Don't waste your money, learn to do it yourself and learn a bit more about your bike.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yep check out Biohazard Cycles and Hardracing, two of our forum sponsors and some of the best prices around. Careful being in CA though..........I know Yoshi sells mufflers that are specific for California only, due to all the silly laws.

See here for further info:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/skins/skin_2/epa_california_page1_applications.html

Strange laws you guys have. Although I do like the prop 215 and SB 420 that you guys passed. Leading the way for the rest of the world ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep check out Biohazard Cycles and Hardracing, two of our forum sponsors and some of the best prices around. Careful being in CA though..........I know Yoshi sells mufflers that are specific for California only, due to all the silly laws.

See here for further info:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/skins/skin_2/epa_california_page1_applications.html

Strange laws you guys have. Although I do like the prop 215 and SB 420 that you guys passed. Leading the way for the rest of the world ;)
Thank you , Yoshi slip on for Ninja 300 legal in California , but illegal for full system . But thats good , slip on LEGAL .

Will order tonight with Biohazard and will do it myself.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Thank you , Yoshi slip on for Ninja 300 legal in California , but illegal for full system . But thats good , slip on LEGAL .

Will order tonight with Biohazard and will do it myself.
The full systems are pretty much illegal everywhere for on road use........:cool:

No shit it will take you literally 30 minutes to put that on mate, if you get stuck we are here to help. Just remember the heatshield for the stock muffler has a clamp right down the bottom that you cant really see unless you get underneath to have a look.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yeah I don't think any aftermarket exhausts say they are road legal, but in Cali it's a secondary offense so you shouldn't be stopped solely for your exhaust. I figure you're probably ok if you're not obnoxious.

·
Registered
652 Posts
not all slipons are legal for road use, the vast majority of then say in fine print on the box they come in "for race use only"
Depending on which part of Yoshi's website you look like even they are not consistent. The EPA guide linked above is what finally pushed me over the edge to choose them since they claim they are legal and explain why. Haven't found anybody else of the brands I was selecting from making that claim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts