Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just wondering when you would do a first wax on your new 300's and what proucts do you like?

I am meticulous with everything I own and always wax.

I have also noticed very tiny swirl marks in the black pain on my SE from my jeans rubbing, its only noticeable to me but it pisses me off,
anything good to take out minor swirl marks?

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is a good question. I remember someone posting a product that seemed great for protecting paint finish in another thread, but I can't find it now.

As for the swirl marks, just get some extremely light buffing compound and a nice, soft sponge, preferably one that is auto-specific.

·
Registered
554 Posts
http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/13-ninja-300-service-maintenance/151-ninja-detailing-products.html
Easiest wax to use is spray wax. If you want a wax that is durable try Collinite 845. Just google it and you will read nothing but positive reviews on its durablity and water sheeting abilities.

For easy application of spray wax the best one I've used is Optimum Spray Wax. I tried it after reading a recommendation on another car forum and haven't looked back since.

I use Meguiars Ultimate Compound to remove scratches and swirls. Apply with a microfiber cloth.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Turtle wax.

Seriously
Agreed. Do this, then after each ride hit it with a good spray wax. I do this with my cars as well. This way bugs don't stick as easy, and when they do, they come right off without leaving bug gut residue. My favorite is Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax because it is designed to be used on hot surfaces or in direct sunlight. Can be found at most auto parts stores.
Link: http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?catid=18&iid=79&loc=show

Oh, and to really answer your question, waxing it the day you bring it home is a great time to start.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've never waxed a bike. I only rarely even wash it cause I don't ride in the rain so it stays looking new. I have a can of the same stuff many dealers use to keep it looking shiny on the showroom floor..Plexus plastic spray. A little goes a long way. Apply with a microfiber cloth. My bikes always look brand new, even after a couple years and lots of sun. Oh yes, one thing. Remove any bird poop immediately. That will remove paint.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've actually never gotten bird poop on the bike before. Even bugs, you should remove the bugs. When they dry on they really dry on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I rekon I've added 500 grams to gross weight from all the coats of wax she's had :)

Water beads like crazy and bugs you can just blow off :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beading bugs :D
Exactly! :p
Its awesome!
Rode through a mega bug storm last night,I nearly had to remove the visor because there was so much bug guts on it!

The guts n stuff on the front came off with one wipe from a microfiber :cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I haven't used anything on mine yet, it only has 60 miles and has been in the garage every night. On my R6, I always used Xymol. At 7 years old, it looked like it just came out of the showroom. I think i'll stick with that for my SE.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
554 Posts
Keep in mind most quality waxes will work. What is important is that you reapply wax when it wears off. I find that paste wax lasts 1-2 months at best if you don't wash it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Maguiers products are the best! Try tech wax or yellow wax! They will leave the least swirls! For black paint make sure your cloths are spotless use flanno or better still micro fiber and don't scrub with it, nice soft circles! In oz best product to remove light scratches is - 3m finesse it! Then use - 3m foam pad polish to remove swirls then wax!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Meguiars

I used Meguiars NXT Generation tech wax 2.0 on mine.
Goes on easy and come off easy leave a very nice shine
Great protection as well

·
Banned
57 Posts
Meguires yellow 26 wax but try not to get it on the plastic trims as it will leave a residue and so will all polishes, I mostly use PLEXUS Spray it is unreal

·
Registered
159 Posts
For the best over the counter just get Meguiars NXT. Its smells awesome and fills in light swirls pretty good. If you do wash it, I would apply quick detailer to maintain protection and shine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I use Mothers Back-to-black on the trim then Mothers Synthetic Wax. Rain‑X® Anti-Fog on the inside of visor and both front and back of sun glasses and Rain-X Original Glass Treatment on the outside of visor and my gloves.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts