Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random question on a cold, rainy, Saturday morning... any suggestions for a good paint match to the black wheels on a 2014? There are a few chips that I'd like to touch up at some point..the paint appears to be a black satin and I'm not having any luck using the search function or an internet search in general. Lots of hits on touch up paint but not wheel paint.

Wondering if anyone has found a good match?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Do you want a perfect match...or a good match?

For other fairings and colors like Kawasaki green, getting a perfect touch up paint match is a real PITA. But for glossy black, just about any paint will do. Especially for wheels which always get chipped by debris when they're not already caked in brake dust. If you want to find perfect matches, on Amazon you'll probably find for around 20 bucks for some small vials. But personally, when I have those types of scratches I just use permanent oil pens like the one used here to mark the chain. It looks exactly the same, it's cheaper, and it's a lot easier to apply. Besides that it just depends on how perfectionist you are.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesn't have to be perfect...just wondering if there happens to be an easy 'pretty close match'. For example, I have an Ariens 2 stage snowblower, it's orange, and a very close match is a rattle can of Chevy Engine Orange. Was hoping that Rustoleum Satin Black or something would be close.

I have a spray can of factory Ebony Black (or whatever it's called) and a can of clear I used for a tank touch up...I'd gladly buy a touch up pen of the black wheel color if it was available...unfortunately I haven't seen it offered. So that brings me back to looking for something that's 'close'. The pen may be an option...but still holding out hope that someone knows of a paint that matches or a supplier?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Check out TouchUpDirect. I got Lime Green touch up paint for the Ninja 300 that I was satisfied with.

Not sure about the wheel paint, but I have also used " Touch Up Direct " for just a little nick on the Green of my 300. It matched perfectly and now even I have a hard time finding it. :woohoo2_smilie:

Go to :
https://touchupdirect.com/

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
small world...Touch Up Direct is where I got my touch up paint and clear coat from (for the body color)!

The problem is they only offer the body color, nothing about wheel color...and that seems to be the same with all the touch up paint sites...body paint is offered but not wheel paint.

·
Registered
554 Posts
small world...Touch Up Direct is where I got my touch up paint and clear coat from (for the body color)!

The problem is they only offer the body color, nothing about wheel color...and that seems to be the same with all the touch up paint sites...body paint is offered but not wheel paint.

If " Touch Up Direct " could not help me, then I would revert to a few ole other options.
One would be a Auto Parts store and see if they had any touch up colors that may match the wheels. Some Auto Parts stores do carry WHEEL touch up paints.

If the Auto Parts stores did not have what I wanted , then my other choices would be a Hardware Store, Lowes or Home Depot. Many have some really tough exterior paints. And in one Hardware Store I have found Gloss, Flat and Satin color blacks. Both in spray cans or just in small regular cans. Most of the exterior paints found in the home stores are for metals, thus they are a tough, hard paint. :wink2:

May take some looking , but I am quite sure that you could come up with a close match.

I just did a touch up on a HJC Punisher helmet, with paint that came from a Hardware store. Have shown it to friends and they can not find where I touched it up. :yahoo:

·
Registered
554 Posts
it doesn't have to be perfect...just wondering if there happens to be an easy 'pretty close match'. For example, I have an Ariens 2 stage snowblower, it's orange, and a very close match is a rattle can of Chevy Engine Orange. Was hoping that Rustoleum Satin Black or something would be close.

I have a spray can of factory Ebony Black (or whatever it's called) and a can of clear I used for a tank touch up...I'd gladly buy a touch up pen of the black wheel color if it was available...unfortunately I haven't seen it offered. So that brings me back to looking for something that's 'close'. The pen may be an option...but still holding out hope that someone knows of a paint that matches or a supplier?

Another thought just occurred to me.

Go to EBAY . And just search " Kawasaki Black wheel touch up paint ". It brings up a whole variety of paints and many from Kawasaki . You may be able to find something there. :shrug.001:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts