Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Whats Your Favorite Ride / Route?

7K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  iSurvived 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's favorite ride is?

I'm lucky to live in Los Angeles, so my first few rides were on Sunset blvd, from Beverly Hills to the beach. Not a real extreme road, but lots of hills combined with sweeping turns.

Then I tried Mulholland. It's definitely a serious ride. From the Pacific Coast Hwy, I go up Malibu Canyon Rd, then north on Mulholland. This is the section of Mulholland known as "The Snake", and it's definitely the perfect name for this section of road. Every weekend there are lots of sport bikes up there all day long. And if you go, Be Careful, lots of people have crashed there (just check out YouTube) Another great thing about Malibu Cyn. Rd. and Mulholland is that the roads are Very well taken care of. No potholes or anything like that to worry about. :D

Also, there are lot's of photographers along the Snake, and they have websites that you can buy your pictures that they took of you if you choose (nice to have a few action shots of you and your bike) :D

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Discussion starter · #13 ·
Easy. 2012 Triumph Street Triple r. 416 lbs. wet, 105 hp. 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds. Very nice stock exhaust with twin titanium pipes. Top speed 145 mph or so (I guess). It is the ultimate street machine. Allows you to get out ahead of ALL traffic. Makes much more sense than a superbike for city and highway use if you like the upright seating position. Also good for riders of average ht. like me. Seat ht. is 31.7 inches, same as the Ninja 650. OK best road locally is the River Road from New Braunfels to Canyon Lake along the Guadalupe River, anytime except tubing season that is.
By "favorite ride" I meant place to ride, like a specific mountain road or someplace like that :)

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Just found this on YouTube, 2 guys on a Ducati 1199 Panigale and an MV Agusta F4 doing one of my favorite rides in L.A. Sunset Blvd from the beach to Beverly Hills. I don't go nearly as fast as these 2, nor do I lane split, but as long as there isn't traffic, it's a great ride to work on my basic cornering skills :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.