Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's favorite ride is?

I'm lucky to live in Los Angeles, so my first few rides were on Sunset blvd, from Beverly Hills to the beach. Not a real extreme road, but lots of hills combined with sweeping turns.

Then I tried Mulholland. It's definitely a serious ride. From the Pacific Coast Hwy, I go up Malibu Canyon Rd, then north on Mulholland. This is the section of Mulholland known as "The Snake", and it's definitely the perfect name for this section of road. Every weekend there are lots of sport bikes up there all day long. And if you go, Be Careful, lots of people have crashed there (just check out YouTube) Another great thing about Malibu Cyn. Rd. and Mulholland is that the roads are Very well taken care of. No potholes or anything like that to worry about. :D

Also, there are lot's of photographers along the Snake, and they have websites that you can buy your pictures that they took of you if you choose (nice to have a few action shots of you and your bike) :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honestly here in vegas there are plenty of great rides. Sadly since I've bought this bike I've only been able to go out to lake mead and Hoover dam. Since I work down at the dam the ride down isn't as exciting anymore but the lake has sure changed. They replaced the road and now along with sticky new blacktop there's also a ton of gravel stuck to the road too. I've heard rumors from other riders here that they put the gravel there on purpose in order to discourage riders from speeding around the lake. This makes sense but it still seems dumb because of how dangerous gravel is to riders in general. I'm excited to take my bike out to red rock and mt charleston tho. I'm also going to be heading down to lake Elsinore as soon as I can to take a group ride with my dad and brother since they know all the fun roads around the area. Plus then I can have fun showing up my dads Harley and my brothers v star in the twisties. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
my favorite are those long sweepers in the mountains like angeles crest though i do not recommended the crest for newbies...

i also like tight technical roads like latigo canyon...this is one when i first started riding and it showed and i was all over the place, i speeded it up because i was so slow...don't mind the music, i like oldies but goodies...:D

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
For local roads, all our guys like Hwy 181,221,321, 16, 18, Brushy Mtn rd... all in the mountains of NC. And we always have the Blue Ridge Parkway to slow down and take the edge off a bit.
Deals Gap is about a 4 hour haul and from there we hit Hwy 28 for a bit then over to the Cherohala Skyway.

And luckily, we have a 4 tracks pretty close (CMP, VIR, Roebling, Road ATL) to really be able to burn off and release some "angst".

·
Registered
958 Posts
Easy. 2012 Triumph Street Triple r. 416 lbs. wet, 105 hp. 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds. Very nice stock exhaust with twin titanium pipes. Top speed 145 mph or so (I guess). It is the ultimate street machine. Allows you to get out ahead of ALL traffic. Makes much more sense than a superbike for city and highway use if you like the upright seating position. Also good for riders of average ht. like me. Seat ht. is 31.7 inches, same as the Ninja 650. OK best road locally is the River Road from New Braunfels to Canyon Lake along the Guadalupe River, anytime except tubing season that is.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Torchsport, I moved to Texas from Montana and took the Bear Tooth Pass from Red Lodge to Cooke City many times. Once got into a snow storm on the 4th of July! The Rock Creek Inn on the Red Lodge side is a great place to stay too.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy. 2012 Triumph Street Triple r. 416 lbs. wet, 105 hp. 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds. Very nice stock exhaust with twin titanium pipes. Top speed 145 mph or so (I guess). It is the ultimate street machine. Allows you to get out ahead of ALL traffic. Makes much more sense than a superbike for city and highway use if you like the upright seating position. Also good for riders of average ht. like me. Seat ht. is 31.7 inches, same as the Ninja 650. OK best road locally is the River Road from New Braunfels to Canyon Lake along the Guadalupe River, anytime except tubing season that is.
By "favorite ride" I meant place to ride, like a specific mountain road or someplace like that :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just found this on YouTube, 2 guys on a Ducati 1199 Panigale and an MV Agusta F4 doing one of my favorite rides in L.A. Sunset Blvd from the beach to Beverly Hills. I don't go nearly as fast as these 2, nor do I lane split, but as long as there isn't traffic, it's a great ride to work on my basic cornering skills :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Lotsa good riding in tenn., kent., north georgia and carolina's, I go there about every 2 yrs or so to get my cornering practice in and to see the sights. LOL, I have a T-shirt from about every tourist trap up there (mostly the H-D ones). I'm taking the wife up there this year, we will hit the dragon, cherohala, razorback ridge....probably be about a week and a half of riding in those mountains, beautiful sights.

·
Registered
162 Posts
San francisquito canyon to lake Hughes and will come out to castaic lake. It's very twisty and nice scenery though I can only pay attention half of the time to my sorroundings lest I wana fall on the cliffs. Lol!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.