Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

My name is Jesse. I live in Fremont, CA, USA. I've had my M1 license for awhile but never got around to buying a bike until now (wife, 3 kids, etc). The company I worked for the last 5 years let me go (layoff) but they gave me a nice severance package. So, with all this time/$$$, I convinced wifey (not too hard) to get a beautiful black Ninja 300 to keep me occupied while the kids are in school and between job searching.

I am still getting use to the bike, but I have been practicing (slow maneuvers, hard stops, up/down shifting, leaning the bike, etc) since I live near an isolated road all to myself (most of the time).

Anyways, this forum has given me a lot of advice and I'm glad to have joined.

Cheers! :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome as well!

When you feel comfy and want a mild sampler of local backroads - Niles Canyon Rd. is a pretty nice but short ride. Palomares Rd (accessible from Niles) is another road should you feel more comfy and adventurous.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Welcome as well!

When you feel comfy and want a mild sampler of local backroads - Niles Canyon Rd. is a pretty nice but short ride. Palomares Rd (accessible from Niles) is another road should you feel more comfy and adventurous.
Yes, I have done a loop from my house, 880, 238, CastroValley, , Palomares, NilesCanyon, and back with a small group. It was the first time I was on a freeway :eek:

I'm planning to check out other local ride groups on BARF that are newbie friendly.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts