Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike recently started to make a sound very similar to this.. I've only got 1500 km's on the bike, the chain is nicely lubed and waxed, I've brought it to two separate Kawi dealers and they both have said the chain is within specs on how tight or loose it should be so that is out of the question. The sprockets don't look like they have any ware to them... What next?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_cLRMix3KY

·
Registered
458 Posts
Chains make some noise. There's a reason sprocket covers on some bikes have sound deadening rubber stuff in them.
Also, one big reason Harley went to belt drive on all their models was to get rid of chain noise so they could make the mufflers a little louder and still meet EPA noise regulations.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chains make some noise. There's a reason sprocket covers on some bikes have sound deadening rubber stuff in them.
Also, one big reason Harley went to belt drive on all their models was to get rid of chain noise so they could make the mufflers a little louder and still meet EPA noise regulations.
But that amount of noise? I never noticed the noise in the first 1000 kms

·
Registered
395 Posts
Clean and lube it all really really well and see if that fixes it. Get into the sprockets also with some cleaner and make sure the chain is lubed up at the joints. Mine was making some noise and was fine after a very thorough cleaning of the chain and sprockets, front sprocket also,don't be afraid to take that cover off and get In there. Obviously don't run the bike like the guy did in the vid while you're cleaning it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts