Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined TeamProMotion this year. Main reason - They are holding a lot of track days at NYST, the track that's only 1 hour from me, and seem to have a very good structure from beginner (White) with ART 1 all the way up to Intermediate (Red) and Advanced (Blue).

Haven't attended any of their track days yet, so, I'll have more to tell about them once summer comes.

Membership was $75 and for NYST, $200 a track day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've just done mine thru a local organization here, Zalusky Advanced Riding School www.ridezars.com owned/operated by former AMA Pro racer Jessica Zalusky. :)
We hit Mid America Motorplex, Brainerd International, and Road America for track days.

This year I will go thru Sportbike track time, to Barber, as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been racing with the VRRA in Canada since 2008. Never finished lower than top 5 in season final standings. Took a break in 2010 after crashing and breaking 5 ribs and collapsing a lung. Heading back in 2013 on a race prepped TT500 Yamaha...

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmmm....

Formal club racing in the local AFM is obviously different, but for just attending track days it seems to be a little different here in California (go figure). There is no 'joining' a track club per se, but you can buy a 'track pack' from a specific provider if you plan to go to one of the local tracks more frequently during the year.

Around where I live the tracks in reasonable range are Reno/Fernly (beat-to-he!!-track) Thunderhill, Sonoma (formerly Infineon), Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Chuckwalla and Willow Springs. The track day organizers - and there are several - allow us to pay the per day track day fees (unless they occasionally sell out) which range from ~$150 to ~$250 per day and it is obviously at the higher range for a weekend day and on the more popular tracks like Laguna or Sonoma.

So essentially it will cost me ~$250 to spend a day at Laguna Seca (in any group) plus the costs I incur for gas, renting a trailer or cargo van and munchies. This is assuming I don't crash and wind up with additional expenses.:rolleyes:

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
It is, but I raced there in 2011 so those guys are family. We usually get a few MRA guys to go down to Chuckwalla and share the cost. It's worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.