Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody Im pretty new hear and am starting or ending collecting all my gear.

I just bought an alpinestar GP pro jacket and it has no liner im just wonder what I should wear under the jacket when it is cold out? Is there a wind proof jacket to wear under it, or would a sweater be better? And where would I find it(I will be riding to work almost every day and wearing a shirt tye)

also are there pants you guys would Suggest for 3 seasons in Canada (10 degrees Celcius to 30+)

Thanks

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I used my military cold weather gear. If you have any military stores around, go in and ask them where they keep em. They aren't attractive, but they are WARM. Or just get a liner.

Better to dress in layers that you can remove than freeze your ass off. Also, don't overdo the layers. You wanna have mobility and not make yourself sweat so much that you freeze from it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do you get a good wind proof jacket

I know of no military stores around me

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
This is basically what I have and it works wonders. Did great when the sand under my feet was frozen solid.

http://www.uspatriottactical.com/polypropylene-thermal-top-60455.html

As for wind proof jackets, look towards adidas / underarmor / etc. Sporting companies usually carry windbreakers and what not. So if you have a Dicks or Sports Authority or somethin, try there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does look warm and ugly !! LOL

Really good price but this is Canada, how cold does it get in virginia when your riding ??

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
The coldest it's been while I've worn that (no riding) was 16 degrees Fahrenheit.

Coldest it's been while riding is 29 degrees Fahrenheit.

While riding I just had on my joe rocket jacket + liner that it came with and a regular white t-shirt under it. You can always wear another long sleeve shirt under it and a t-shirt under that, but the ONLY thing that has ever gotten cold on me has been my hands and thighs.

edit - I know it's ugly. It was issued to me in the Army, so it matched the uniform. We used to call em the "tootsie roll outfits." But if you put your jacket over it then you can't see the ugly except for when you zip up all the way and make it a turtle neck.

·
Banned
562 Posts
freeze out or under armour is what I use

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
freeze out or under armour is what I use
I actually got those freeze out hand liners while they were on sale. Not even 2 days after I put em on the stitching came out of the palm... then I checked and saw they are made by Bilt. Cheepo ass company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts