Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
What do you use to clean/polish the unpainted plastics around the dash, bike sides etc..
Is car interior stuff ok to use?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey guys,
What do you use to clean/polish the unpainted plastics around the dash, bike sides etc..
Is car interior stuff ok to use?
You mean the black plastics, right? I've learned the hard way that wax is a no no. It leaves an ugly white haze. I'm a bit OCD about detailing, and I've had great results with Chemical Guy's stuff. I personally use Silk Shine on just about any plastic. I love that stuff, it's the equivalent of WD-40 but for plastics. It is water based so its mostly a product for interiors. For a long lasting shine on exterior rubber (including tire sidewalls) or black plastic trim my favorite is Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray, since it's oil based. At least that's what I use and what I've been most happy with so far.

BTW, car interior products are water based, so they don't last long on the exterior. Ideally you want something specific for exterior plastic trim.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Greetings all. I'm new here.Thank you for having me over. Background: I've got a '17 W.T.E. EX300. I've been riding, restoring, maintaining, and wrenching on motorcycles for 30 years. I ride the little ninja like I stole it every day rain or shine— its my commuter and it is often its my preferred moto for rides in the twisties on weekends because it is so fun. Sure I have motos with more torque that are bigger, redder and more Italian, but the Ninjette is just so kick ass. And unfortunately she lives outside (no room in the shop). Hence the need for cleaning and detailing a lot. I wipe down the bike a great deal to keep it pristine (my pride) and I use a product that many pros use (somewhat secretively) for the job. It cleans, protects against UV, shines, and leave a micro wax that does not build up on any surface finish (paint, plastic, acrylic, aluminum, stainless, powdercoat, etc.) I use LEMON PLEDGE people. Everywhere on everything but the tires and the chain. Remember to shake that can every time before you spray. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts