Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so two questions what do I do if I get rear ended and I don’t have insurance second question if I get rear ended and I do have insurance and the person who rear ended me has insurance what are the steps I take to maximize my settlement amount?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The simple answer is DONT RIDE WITHOUT INSURANCE!
Don’t be that guy... What the hell is wrong with people these days?!?

·
Registered
358 Posts
If the person who rear ended you is cooperative and doesn't run, get his information as full name, license plate, car model, policy number.
Take pictures of the accident aftermath. Try to get one or two witnesses.

With that information, make a claim to his insurance. His insurance will most likely ignore the claim. In that case, you can get a lawyer to file the claim for you.

If he runs, go to the police to report the hit and run. And get a lawyer to advice you on how to go from there. Witnesses and the license plate are crucial in this case.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Great... nice idea :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
so two questions what do I do if I get rear ended and I don’t have insurance second question if I get rear ended and I do have insurance and the person who rear ended me has insurance what are the steps I take to maximize my settlement amount?
As X-t said - don't ever ride without insurance. That's just dumb.

If you get into any accident, get all the info possible (as Topaz said) and contact your insurance company first. Calling police is probably a good idea in most situations.

If someone rear-ends you they may be given a ticket, which helps your case.

Be very alert any time you are stopped with traffic coming up from behind you. Have an "out", keep the bike in gear, and closely watch your mirrors.

Crazy case of hit and run involving a cycle being rear-ended -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts