Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTH THE WEATHER IN SYDNEY FOR THE NEXT WEEK IS ALL RAIN I'M QUITE ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for sounding like a child, but I do feel like a child who can't play with his favourite toy because of unfair circumstances :( :( :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah my friends I'm still a noob rider and I don't wanna risk riding in the rain :( My cousin who's been riding for about 2 years recently came off his bike the other day so.. yeah :( He's ok, but the bike is a bit messed up

So yes.. I do have a brand new Ninja 300, but I'd like to more or less keep it that way :p

So the fact that I'm too noob to ride in the rain + I just sold my car and am looking for a new one means getting to places like my exam tomorrow is quite annoying...... lol sigh

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No you are all lucky. Especially Canada, you have some of the nicest landscapes in the world IMO.
It can be very pretty, and super fun when everything is covered in snow. But it does have it's downsides... Being stuck on a highway in a blizzard is not a pleasant experience

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Question - disregarding your ability to ride in the rain, is it bad for your bike for it to be ridden in the rain?

When I see ads for used bikes, I commonly see them being advertised as never having been ridden in the rain - why is this a selling point for motorbikes? Surely they're manufactured to be able to handle water...

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Question - disregarding your ability to ride in the rain, is it bad for your bike for it to be ridden in the rain?

When I see ads for used bikes, I commonly see them being advertised as never having been ridden in the rain - why is this a selling point for motorbikes? Surely they're manufactured to be able to handle water...
About as bad as riding it in the sun.

That's a first for me, I have never seen a bike advertised as not ever having been ridden in the rain. It is near impossible for a bike to have never been wet. What if its a sunny day when you go out, and all of a sudden a storm passes over and your bike gets wet? What happens? Absofuckinglutely nothing. Except your bike now getting wet. And possibly you if you go and ride it. Did those people never wash the bike? The water coming out of your garden hose will be at a higher pressure than any raindrops will ever be so I wouldnt worry about the bike getting rained on.

They are manufactured to handle water, they are manufactured to be able to be ridden in the rain also.

Seriously you are getting your knickers in a knot over nothing. Riding in the rain is no different to driving a car in the rain. You adjust your margins, braking distances, speeds, riding/driving style, road position to avoid water........no different. If you ride your bike in the wet like you would in the dry, you WILL come off. I actually enjoy riding in the rain, very raw and primal feeling that you dont get from anything else.

Look up some youtube videos of riding in rain or bad weather. There are heaps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.