Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, title says everything, any light on the matter is apreciated, with pros and cons if any apart from the price

·
Registered
221 Posts
Everyone is going to have a different opinion. I just dropped that ton of a pile of Oem exhaust today and gawd dayum it's heavy. If money isn't a concern I'd say pitch it and get a full.

Others are decating and going the slip on route...
Only reason for me is the stock heapipe design looks restrictive. But that's my un trained pulled it outta my @ss opinion.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
cut it open, take your rod, maybe a glove for protection and slam the kitty had over and over again, when your finished there will be mess on the floor.. weld it back up...

:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
does the whole header need to be removed for this? where to cut exactly? wonder how much local car performance shop will charge to Tig weld it back together

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
After I put on my M4 system I have my stock system to my buddy and he took my the stock header to auto mom/pop style exhaust shop and asked them to de-cat it.. I think they charged him $40 or $50 for "welding services"

Some of the chain shops might not be willing to do so as its illegal, but maybe you can talk them into it being for a offroad race bike??

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
They might be able to do so with the header on, but its really easy to take the header off, remove the belloypan, 4 bolts on the head, one bolt mid span and then the muffler as well.. Took maybe 5 minutes..

If they can weld they should be able to do it :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Most shops in Florida won't de-cat an exhaust system for you. The penalties are pretty stiff if they get busted in a sting. If you know the guys that'd be different.

I'd de-cat it yourself then just carry it to any welding shop and get it welded back together...that assuming you have a chop saw.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
sounds good. may just do that in the next couple of days. its supposed to snow the rest of the week and im supposed to be getting my LV slip on sometime. might as well do it all at once

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
yea, i get paid on friday. thinking about getting the area p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts