Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
none yet.. really should get one... my car blended in the dark so well tonight... she was parked next to a black car and i walked right past it and it took 15 minutes for me to find it thinking someone took her lol!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Garaged with security cameras, monitored security system, motion detecting halogen lights (protecting more than just this bike). We generally don't leave our bikes unattended when we are out on them. There is no really effective system for an unattended bike in public. Both me and a good friend of mine have had our bikes stolen. We both had alarms and locks on them. Whats worse is that his was taken in the middle of a bike rally with tons of people walking by.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I gatta get me something... its in ym garage atm, and i lock the steering of course...

I'll prob get a rear disc brake alarm lock and call it good at that

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
funny i just bought a disc lock not even an hour ago and i have to go back to return it; doesn't fit. bought it on a whim and i enjoyed the ride out there so nothing was really 'lost' per se but... i thought 10mm would fit... so idk if it's me or shoddy manufacturer or what but... can't get it to fit through the hole. it's like it wants to go and then gets caught on the edge.. sigh

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i bought a quicky stockman tool comp. from cycle gear. it was either that or a $60 one that i forget the brand name they had in stock and since i didnt wish to spend that much just yet on a lock i took a gamble. fortunately they advertise no hassle refunds/exchanges so all i have to do is go back and swap it out. since i have to go back and buy their waterproof cover later on this week anyways it's no biggie...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
looking at their webpage, the ones they advertise to be 6mm should work fine, but i didnt see any 6mm ones in stock this time. i'll try their other location in Tampa Bay tomorrow after work and compare inventory. since they say it doesn't matter which one you go to to exchange it shouldn't be a big deal and i work over near that one already anyways

·
Registered
618 Posts
Huh I have the xx14 disc lock and it fits. You do know it does not have to go through the drilled disk holes right? Read your instructions lol. Just put it through a bigger hole. There is no difference putting it through the tiny drilled holes or the bigger ones.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts