Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can anyone tell me what the cracked white piece just below the headlight is called?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is the left main fairing panel. It looks like a small piece, but it's actually part of the big side panel.
The black trim that holds the turn signal is bolted to the main panel.

I'm also sorry to say, that it's not a cheap part.

What happened?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the left main fairing panel. It looks like a small piece, but it's actually part of the big side panel.

What happened?
Thanks!! I thought that was the case but wasn’t entirely sure. Any recommendations for where to find a quality replacement in the factory white?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

What happened?
missed the last part of your reply. Previous owner (18 year old) dropped it in the driveway.Sold it to me pretty cheap with only 580 miles so I plan on learning on it as a first bike and maybe fix the damage at some point. Right now it just has some white tape on it 😂

·
Registered
421 Posts
^^ Here is the parts diagram:

and here is the part:

with the Kawi part number you can check other on line dealers that may have it. I'm not sure if that's the right white though. You can check with a physical dealer if you have one close to you.

Sure, if you don't care much about the look, tape it and ride on.
Also try eBay. Tons of parts there, OEM and knock off's as well.
Another option is to get the much cheaper Chinese fairings, also from eBay. Not sure if you can get just that part or you have to get the whole set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Here is the parts diagram:

and here is the part:

with the Kawi part number you can check other on line dealers that may have it. I'm not sure if that's the right white though. You can check with a physical dealer if you have one close to you.

Sure, if you don't care much about the look, tape it and ride on.
Also try eBay. Tons of parts there, OEM and knock off's as well.
Another option is to get the much cheaper Chinese fairings, also from eBay. Not sure if you can get just that part or you have to get the whole set.
Yeah right now since I’ll be learning on it I think it makes sense to just leave it. I might do some damage so don’t want to buy something only to break it. If I come across one I might grab it for down the road. Saw a couple used OEM ones on eBay with some scratches but nothing in great shape yet. This white seems like it would Be hard to match so I’ll keep looking and if I don’t find anything maybe try the dealership route.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
what specifically makes them different? Is it just the type of white or the actual physical design? That is pretty expensive.
It's the exact same design, but like auto manufacturers, they change the finish on the colors on a regular basis. You could get a 2013 cowling, but the color won't be an exact match.

The 2013 white was Pearl Stardust White (Kawasaki color code 25Y). The 2017 white was Pearl Blizzard White (Kawasaki color code 54X).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the exact same design, but like auto manufacturers, they change the finish on the colors on a regular basis. You could get a 2013 cowling, but the color won't be an exact match.

The 2013 white was Pearl Stardust White (Kawasaki color code 25Y). The 2017 white was Pearl Blizzard White (Kawasaki color code 54X).
makes sense. Thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts