Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious what everyone wears when they ride. Most sport bike riders I see are very well protected, but a lot of others (especially Harley people) wear little if any protection at all. I figure you dress for the crash, not the ride (or as they say "dress for the slide, not the ride")

I have 3 AGV GP-Tech helmets (I'm a Valentino Rossi fan) which are posted in the "post up your helmets!" thread, but I also wear a Dainese Thorax Wave Pro, chest, back and scapula protector, Dainese Full Metal Pro gloves and Dainese Torque Pro boots. I wear a leather jacket and jeans with this, the jacket is not a motorcycle jacket (no elbow or shoulder armor) but a jacket and pants will be the next addition to my gear.

·
Banned
562 Posts
i have a leather jacket , i wear a pair of steel toed boots, ( am getting an actual set of racing boots when i decide what i like. I have a really thick pair of cargo pants and usually i wear my gauntlets and a thin long sleep shirt
pretty comfy i have never been cold up top
i have a bilt helm but thinking of switching to a bluetooth so i can listen to music

·
Registered
198 Posts
Shoei Xr1100, alpinestars Apex leather jacket, alpinestars gloves,draggon Kevlar cargos and steel blues if I'm going to work or riding boots otherwise :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I havent invested in armor or leathers yet, thats coming next year, but I wear my either of my 3 helmets. my nolan n43e trilogy, my Gmax n43, or my my new addition to my collection, my bell revolver that should be in the mail today!

For winter I wear my carhart double front flannel lines work pants, my coveralls, my thick carhart jacket, and of apair of winter gloves and my helmet, along with some steel toe boots.

This past summer I only wore my steel tie boots,and my helmet. lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
helmet= Shark vision 2
jacket= Dainese with back insert
pants= hornee kevlars
boots= alpine star
gloves= alpine star

im planing on buying a 1 piece dainese leather suit and matching boots and gloves for myself for Christmas

·
Registered
561 Posts
being a total noob to the sport bike world I had no idea what to get when i purchased my bike and needed stuff to wear for the ride home. And of course everything I looked at at the dealership the guy said "yeah thats great". So I dont really know if this stuff is "great" or not.

So here is what i picked up:

Helmet: Scorpion EXO-1100, i liked the look and the built in sun visor. now looking back and after wearing the helmet several times, i still love the helmet it fits great, lots of vents, and really light weight. Now on the other hand the built in flip down sun visor is absolutely worthless IMO, hardly blocks the sun at all. I'm gonna save for one of those dark visors instead.

Jacket: Joe Rocket radar, mostly leather with some mesh type material on the inner arms and stomach area. has pads from elbow to the wrist, shoulder pads and back pad that covers entire spine, also has some aerodynamic hump on the back.

Gloves: AGV Sport, dont know what model. seem to fit well and has some finger and knuckle armor.

Retail was like $600+ and they sold it to me for $520.

So now I'm looking for some pants and boots. and as funds are a little tight for now i was looking at these.

boots: Cortech Latigo Air RR's, they look kinda cool and seem to have protection in the right places. Any one know anything about them???

Also does anyone have a suggestion on some leather pants? i want them with as much pads as i need to be protected, knees and hips i guess??? like i say funds are tight, so an inexpensive pair is ideal right now.

I know this may seem like over kill, but as the "bread maker" for my family i can not afford to miss work due to stupidity or whatever. I know anything can happen, but i want to have peace of mind i did every thing possible to protect myself. i read in someone's signature somewhere weather here or somewhere else that said "I'd rather sweat than bleed", makes since to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
being a total noob to the sport bike world I had no idea what to get when i purchased my bike and needed stuff to wear for the ride home. And of course everything I looked at at the dealership the guy said "yeah thats great". So I dont really know if this stuff is "great" or not.

I know this may seem like over kill, but as the "bread maker" for my family i can not afford to miss work due to stupidity or whatever. I know anything can happen, but i want to have peace of mind i did every thing possible to protect myself. i read in someone's signature somewhere weather here or somewhere else that said "I'd rather sweat than bleed", makes since to me.
Looks like you got some good gear Krispy, as far a pants, you may want to check out the same brand as your jacket as some jackets and pants from the same manufactures have a system to attach the jacket and pants together, which is required if you go for a track day, and will give you added protection on the street. And yes I agree, "I'd rather sweat than bleed"

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
draggin jeans, draggin jacket, KCB helmet, dainese gloves, used to have sidi vertabra boots but they fell to bits.funny that, they were only 12 years old and they just decided one day to fall apart.lol. so while i save some coin to buy new ones, i wear steel cap safety shoes instead.

draggin jeans are an aussie company been making riding gear for years. my jeans/jacket are about 17 years old and still going strong

http://www.dragginjeans.net/

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yeaaa, I found that Brittany Morrow story about a year ago. I like to have friends read it when I find out they don't wear gear sometimes. Also hels to show the scars I have from riding a bicycle at speed

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Arai or Shoei helmet, leather jacket and gloves. Old road racing boots. Jeans when just running out to lunch, but either leather pants or jeans with over pants when heading into work or back home.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Arai or Shoei helmet, leather jacket and gloves. Old road racing boots. Jeans when just running out to lunch, but either leather pants or jeans with over pants when heading into work or back home.

I got the 2 piece suit because eventually I want to eventually get a pair of kevlar jeans with knee protection for when I'm just going for coffee. Waiting for the new Dainese D1 Kevlar armor ready jeans to come out in a couple of months. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bell Star Helmet

RS Taichi GMX Motion Jacket

RS Taichi GP Evo Gloves

AStars Supertech R Boots

·
Registered
25 Posts
Shark S700 Helmet
Ixon Sismic Sport Jacket
Ixon RS Sly HP Gloves
Rjays Kevlar Jeans
Rjays Boots

Would love to get full leather but just don't have the money right now. It's also convenient to have a 3 in 1 Jakcet for when it get's very hot here in Australia. Just take out the winter lining and feel the air :) Have already come off and the Kevlars worked very well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Jeans, a few layers when it's cold. Bilt armored jacket, Bilt helmet and bilt gloves... (bilt btw is only available from a store called cycle gear,, or their website.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts